Author Topic: Option to limit number of album art saved in music file  (Read 1038 times)

madzi

I have a problem whereby i will have up to 20 of the same images embedded as album art. My music library is so large that it is almost impossible to go through it and do it manually from the album art tagger. I do not know what is causing this problem but even after trying to correct the problem bit by bit when i check the files later i will see that the number of album art has increased. Is it possible to put a setting whereby i can determine the number of album art stored for each file.

frankz

Are they actually embedded in the file (when you hover over them in the tag editor, the it says they're embedded) or are they just shown for the track?

If you artwork preferences include things like cover.jpg and folder.jpg and your music files are not organized and there are multiple instances of art in the folder where your music files are, all of them will be displayed for the tracks in that folder if you preferences allow for it.

Check for stray art where your music files are.  If they exist, delete them or adjust your artwork preferences so MB ignores them.

madzi

All of my artwork is embedded and i have MB configured to embed any downloaded artwork for files that don't have any. i do not have any cover or folder option ticked and MB is set to only display embedded artwork. All of the exact copies are also embedded. i only became aware of the problem through the files that show up in the inconsistent artwork option of the artwork manager so i don't know how wide spread the problem is throughout my library as there is no option to show music files with multiple artworks.. My library is currently at 253 gigs and i'm sure these copies are taking up a lot of space.

Artwork is my biggest gripe when it comes to music files as i get mine from many sources. It would be nice to have an option to automatically embed artwork or strip out unwanted back covers or booklets and pictures of the cds when being imported.

Also when editing artwork could it be possible to multi select artwork instead of having to delete each one individually, i have also noticed that if i select an album that has files with different types of artwork, non of the artwork will be displayed, is it not posssible to have an example of each type and then be able to select which to keep.

Thank you for your time.

phred

• Global Moderator
It would be nice to have an option to automatically embed artwork or strip out unwanted back covers or booklets and pictures of the cds when being imported.
I can't imagine how the software can determine which artwork to keep and which to delete. The user is the one that determines (and specifies) that the artwork is a back cover or a booklet and declares it as such in the Artwork tab of the Tag Editor. This is one reason why I don't want artwork applied automatically. I can determine what is what and select what I want.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The Album Artwork Manager (in the Tools menu) offers better tools for handling multiple artworks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)