Author Topic: Windows Store Version + Rainmeter CAD plugin album art issue.  (Read 1590 times)

goldenpipes

I've searched through the forum and didn't see this bug reported anywhere.

Using the Windows Store version of MusicBee.

Using a Rainmeter with a CAD plugin, for whatever reason album art would not display in the plugin for Track 1 of any album. Track 2+ work fine.  This only seems to be when the Album Art is embedded.  If its cover.jpg it seems to work fine.

Rainmeter is looking for the album art dat file located in:

Code
C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\

but that doesnt exist in the store version because its located in

Code
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\LocalCache\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\

what i ended up doing as a workaround was symlinking from Appdata\Local\Packages... to Appdata\Local\MusicBee and it all works.

Not sure if this is a bug with the rainmeter, cad plugin, or MB.

Steven

• Administrator
MB is writing to: C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\
However I think windows/.NET is translating that path into a package path behind the scenes. Unfortunately I dont know any official way to get re-mapped path in order to pass that for the CAD plugin.

goldenpipes

I posted on Rainmeter's github about this as well... I think its more of an issue with the Nowplaying.dll plugin not parsing the correct path. or windows not passing the information on correctly.  Only for track 1 on any album. tracks 2 and beyond work fine which is the strangest part.

Thanks for the reply!  I'll keep digging to see if there are ant correlations with Store App and Plugins elsewhere.

Just a thought. could adding a symlink be done during the install process? Does this happen in other plugins that you know of?

Cheers!

Steven

• Administrator
MB writes to and passes to CAD the following path:
C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\xxx

Within MB, the file is readable from C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\xxx
ie. windows/.NET is translating all access to the package path
I suspect because RainMeter is not a .dotnet program, there is no translation to the package path being done. I dont see that as a RainMeter bug/ issue or something they need to look at.