Author Topic: Auto-DJ playlist bug  (Read 977 times)

Maith

Version: 3.3.6904

So I have this weird Auto-DJ playlist bug which is a little bit more complicated to describe, but hopefully reproducable:

See: https://imgur.com/1dwwJIX

So I have this auto-playlist with songs I haven't played. It's configured to include all songs of a specific album artist and a play count of 0.
After a song is played, it disappears from the list.

I also have my Auto-DJ setup to use songs from this playlist and to choose songs randomly by title. It's initial size is 15 and it will be extended by 5 titles.

When I select the last or the second-to last song from the playlist and the current playlist is generated and populated with songs from the Auto-DJ, the two last songs are mirrored. So it's not really random, I guess.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
So I have this auto-playlist with songs I haven't played. It's configured to include all songs of a specific album artist and a play count of 0.
After a song is played, it disappears from the list.

Let's have a look at the Auto-playlist configuration details please, and / or what the XML result looks like when opened with notepad -  before Auto-DJ gets the blame  :D

Should look something like this:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SmartPlaylist SaveStaticCopy="False" LiveUpdating="True" Layout="0" CustomSettingsName="GROUPS" LayoutGroupBy="0" ShuffleMode="None" ShuffleSameArtistWeight="0.5" MinimumArtistGap="0" GroupBy="track" ConsolidateAlbums="False" MusicLibraryPath="D:\MusicBee\Library\">
  <Source Type="1">
    <Description />
    <Conditions CombineMethod="All">
      <Condition Field="Grouping" Comparison="Contains" Value="DEMO" />
    </Conditions>
    <Limit FilterDuplicates="False" Enabled="True" Count="100" Type="Items" SelectedBy="LeastRecentlyPlayed" />
    <SortBy Field="30" Order="Ascending" />
  </Source>
</SmartPlaylist>
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:36:53 PM by Freddy Barker

Maith

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SmartPlaylist SaveStaticCopy="False" LiveUpdating="True" Layout="4" LayoutGroupBy="0" ShuffleMode="None" ShuffleSameArtistWeight="0,5" MinimumArtistGap="0" GroupBy="track" ConsolidateAlbums="False" MusicLibraryPath="M:\Library\">
  <Source Type="1">
    <Description />
    <Conditions CombineMethod="All">
      <Condition Field="AlbumArtist" Comparison="Is" Value="aValue" />
      <Condition Field="FilePlayCount" Comparison="Is" Value="0" />
    </Conditions>
    <Limit FilterDuplicates="False" Enabled="False" Count="25" Type="Items" SelectedBy="Random" />
    <SortBy Field="30" Order="Ascending" />
  </Source>
</SmartPlaylist>

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Have you checked to see what the track listing looks like with Auto-D 'preview'?
Maybe worthwhile trying with "Last played is not in the last 7 days"  to weed out the chance of a repeat..

Auto-DJ is a bit of an enigma, if there where an error in the MB code, bug reports would be rife, unless recently introduced in error...

I had a similar problem April 2018 which got fixed:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25091.0
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:12:01 PM by Freddy Barker