Author Topic: Make song titles partly bold or colored  (Read 703 times)

seppedie

Hello guys,

Spent quite some time browsing this forum as well as searching google without luck.
So basically I would like to add different formats on the song titles showcased in the main panel.
For example I have a song and the title is "Oh Boy (Feat. Artist) [Prod. Human]"
I would like the title of the track to be bold, and the Prod text to be in a different color.
Is this possible?

Thanks you for reading.

phred

• Global Moderator
Nice idea, but it can't be done. Text formatting is on a full-line (or full-tag) basis.

If it's really important to you, add it to the Wishlist sub-forum for consideration by Steven (the developer.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, I believe there's a way to apply formatting to different parts of a virtual tag. I'm not experienced with it, but there are examples around the forum.

To do it within a single tag like that, you'd have to do some very creative splitting of the tag with functions, breaking it down into pieces and including each one separately. I THINK it would be possible, but maybe more effort than it's worth...
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:12:21 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

tag tools plugin, advanced search and replace virtual tag functions can help in splitting tag into pieces, but
maybe more effort than it's worth...

hiccup

I would like the title of the track to be bold, and the Prod text to be in a different color.
Is this possible?

If you have lots of tracks that have guest artists and producers names in the title tag, and you care about having the right information in the right place, and being able to highlight it, filter on it, etc., it's probably a much better idea to setup a system where you use additional tags, populated only with the appropriate information.

After that, highlighting and filtering is going to be much easier and far less problematic.