Author Topic: Can't RIP CDs with 3.3.6982  (Read 1204 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.3.6982 when ripping a CD the encoding finishes as failed with 'can't find specified path error'

The path most definitely exists and there's a WAV file there with a file name that doesn't match what's shown in the error message.

Also the rip was at a speed of 4X and with the old version of MB the same track ripped at 17X.

This is a recently introduced bug as rolling back to 3.3.6973 works as expected.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
that is very strange. Is there anything at the end of the error log around that time?

phred

• Global Moderator
Sorry Steven - when I was creating the screenshots, I said to myself, "remember the error log."
Code
2/15/2019 11:33:23 AM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.3.6982.39833P - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. [C:\Users\phred\AppData\Local\Temp\MusicBee_000017.mp3]
   at #=zbgZ_U5AzyRyBkcIpmouex6c=.#=zIkoJhWcqO6eu.#=zCUgtXLI=.#=zROdB86Y=(#=z4lU28AM9Bjn7cpz4Pg== #=ziZewt5nNGQcD, #=z4lU28AM9Bjn7cpz4Pg== #=zojEnLUHTbHJH, Boolean #=zti$2_WoclZ1Y)
   at #=zL1p$hUFNsxCmQaXJpZVLOTI=.#=zscIYeTs=(#=z99llKF7zqBVJNwKXxrbOBpI= #=zy$HRrIM=, #=z4lU28AM9Bjn7cpz4Pg== #=ziZewt5nNGQcD)
   at #=zJXmiQsFWEY_V$TmQD507_igjEY2m.#=zSxww3GUuJ5P6(Object #=zK23Eccw=)

I've been using the older version of MB for the past hour or so and had no issue ripping.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
the error is fixed now
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

re: the speed, its not something i can reproduce and not something thats been touched, although i guess its possible (but unlikely) the new bass dll is causing. Its probably just a temporary glitch

phred

• Global Moderator
Confirmed as fixed.

I only mentioned the speed as 'additional' information in case they were related. I tried the same disc and while it encodes properly, the speed remains as it was. Looking at the disk I see a very thin clear film over it, which I assume is to prevent (or minimize) scratches. It's a disk from the public library, so that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick work on the main issue.
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:12:57 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

phred:  try updating to version 2.4.6.7 (7/19/2017) of basscd.dll ("An extension enabling digital streaming and ripping of audio CDs") and see if it makes any difference:  www.un4seen.com/stuff/basscd.zip .  The last full MB supplied version was the release version 2.4.6.0 (6/11/2014).

I don't do any ripping in MusicBee so I couldn't tell you if there is a difference in speed.

phred

• Global Moderator
phred:  try updating to version 2.4.6.7 (7/19/2017) of basscd.dll ("An extension enabling digital streaming and ripping of audio CDs") and see if it makes any difference:  www.un4seen.com/stuff/basscd.zip .  The last full MB supplied version was the release version 2.4.6.0 (6/11/2014).
Thanks sveakul, but
Looking at the disk I see a very thin clear film over it, which I assume is to prevent (or minimize) scratches. It's a disk from the public library, so that makes sense.

All other CDs are ripping at acceptable speeds.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Ok must be the film then interfering with that disc.  I use to work in a library system HQ where one of the things we did was purchase and process CDs/DVDs that were distributed to various libraries in the region, and we never did anything as "blatant" as putting film over the "play" surface, must be something new I guess.  And to think I used to cringe about just the magnetic security sticker they applied to the label side!