Author Topic: Controlling when auto-playlists refresh  (Read 1658 times)

Danielj

I generally like to be able to control when my auto playlists refresh. I've unchecked the "automatically refresh the matching tracks" but it still seems to update sometimes. For example when I rate an album and the new rating makes the album not match the auto-playlist filter any more, the album instantly disappears from the playlist. I don't want it to disappear until I manually refresh the playlist. Another issue is that the "Refresh Now" button is too hard to find: 'right click -> edit auto playlist -> refresh now -> close', 4 clicks for a function I use many times a day is too much. I've tried the "Refresh" hotkey but it seems like it only refresh the sorting, it doesn't refresh the contents of the playlist.

So to sum it up:
Is there a way to make the auto-playlist never refresh until I tell it to?
Is there an easier way to refresh the auto-playlist? (Hotkey or otherwise)

edit: It might be that it refreshes every time an album is finished playing (or every time the current play queue is finished), I didn't do extensive testing.

edit2: Confirmed it happens sometimes between tracks: auto-playlist has "not played in last 3 days" filter -> after 3/10 tracks had played the album disappeared from the playlist without me doing anything since starting the album. Not sure why it happened after 3 tracks and not after each one.
Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:44:30 PM by Danielj

boroda

you can export static copy of auto-playlist (right-click/ export). static playlist may or may not be included in mb playlist list (depending on its location).

Pingaware

F5 (the refresh hotkey) should be refreshing everything, not just the sorting. On my setup it certainly is including new tracks when their tags/similar have been modified such that they should be included.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Danielj

you can export static copy of auto-playlist (right-click/ export). static playlist may or may not be included in mb playlist list (depending on its location).
This doesn't seem like the optimal solution, but it works. Thanks.
F5 (the refresh hotkey) should be refreshing everything, not just the sorting. On my setup it certainly is including new tracks when their tags/similar have been modified such that they should be included.
For some reason it works for me sometimes, sometimes not.

Pingaware

For some reason it works for me sometimes, sometimes not.

Hmm, strange. If you can determine the conditions under which it fails, I'd raise it as a bug report with Steven.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.