Author Topic: Files not appearing in Library after scan  (Read 3905 times)

Joshman

Question from newby. Not been able to find anything via searches.
Have downloaded latest 3.2 version, but still getting same result.
Ripped CD files sit in a monitored folder, but do not appear in Inbox or Library (have tried both methods).
However, if I put album name in Search box the tracks come up with artwork.
How do I get them into the Library?
Thanks
Arfamo

sveakul

What happens if you use the menu choice File-->Add Files to Library, and select the individual files?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If they're coming up on a search, they are in your library somewhere. If you display Category with your search results, it might tell you where it is. You can also try right clicking on a track and looking at the "Send to" options. Which ever one is grayed out is where the file currently is.

If that indicates it's in the library, make sure you don't have any filters applied.  If it's in the Inbox, check that it's not hidden as a duplicate.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Joshman

Thank you both for your input.

Going with Psychoadept first - Searching and right clicking a track shows it is the Library that is greyed out and not the Inbox.

Have looked for Filters, but as far as I can see none exist - I certainly have not generated any - not got that clever with the system yet :-) .

Ref Sveakul's idea - tried that with one track but it did not appear in the Library.???

Where next??

On my initial set up of MB I had a folder of track files, track by track in one folder. But using MB to rip it has created (which I prefer) an Artist Folder then a Album sub folder in which the tracks are listed.  Does this distinction make any difference?

Any thought greatly appreciated, as I am try to gear myself up to digitise a CD and vinyl collection and want to know what I am doing before going too far.

boroda

mb relies on tags, not on folder structure, for searching/navigation/management, etc. I guess a screenshot of full mb window may help to understand what you see.

Joshman

Sorry for delay have ben having and still have problems with Imgur arrangements.  Am trying to attach Word file showing two screen shots - main Library and Search result.
Don't think this is working either.   Hmmmmm :'(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So, the little music notes in the search results confirm that the files are in your library.

Your other screenshot doesn't show albums starting with S in the thumbnail browser, and the main panel is sorted by file name. We would need to know the file names of these tracks and/or see that the album is not listed where Sanctuary should be in the thumbnail browser to understand the problem better.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Joshman

Hi,

Many thanks for your time.

I attach screen shot showing Albums at S & T - the other missing album is "This Love" - Claire Jones and also indicates on Search results as being in the Library somewhere.

Thsi two were ripped from within the MB menu and as mentioned appear in a different folder format to my previous Music folder. Screen shots of both in Windows Explorer attached together with shot of the CD Ripping Preferences.

I did scroll down the whole list of tracks in the main windows to confirm that they are not listed in some other way. Also went through all the Albums to check that nothing had got caught up in the wrong ablum.

Hope this is what you need.

Thanks again.  Arfamo

I did scroll down the

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Curious. They have to be there somewhere. The tags all look correct in your search, so something must be hiding them. But i have no idea what, if not a filter or library explorer or similar.

I'm kinda grasping at straws but what happens if, in your library, you sort by Path (i.e. folder path) rather than filename? That should make it easy to distinguish between these and other tracks that weren't ripped with MusicBee.
Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:36:33 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

What happens if you right-click> Search...> Locate in Library ?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What happens if you right-click> Search...> Locate in Library ?

Doh! I shoulda thought of that...
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Joshman

Hi Bee-liever & Psychoadept,

I saw the last bit Bee-liever first so went there.

"Locate in Library" in the "Search Results" pane does it!!!

The albums and tracks immediately appear in the expected places.

having done that of course going to the "path" route did not add anything.  The above action did throw up where files were duplicated in both my main music file and in the MB music file; so I have been able to tidy that up.

Great  :)  Many thanks indeed.

Should I focus on getting all the music files into the MB music file rather than have them across two folders?

Regards   Arfamo

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Should I focus on getting all the music files into the MB music file rather than have them across two folders?

If your files are correctly tagged, you can do this quite easily using right click>send to>organized folder. (Or file organization from the menu, but the right click is easier for specific groups of files, such as a whole album at a time.)

I would recommend organizing only one album at a time until you're comfortable with how it works and confident of the results. Then you can do your whole library if you want.

If your files are not correctly tagged, your first task will be to correct that, maybe using MusicBee's album tagging features. Then you can dispense with filenames in the main panel, too.

There's more info on all these processes on the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Joshman

Thank you very much.  It has been a great help.
I will leave you in peace for a while now.
Arfamo