Author Topic: Problem syncing and copying files on Android.  (Read 1094 times)

jordanibanez

I recently added some video files to my LG G4 after having connected it to my computer via USB. It stopped transferring the files halfway through and since then I haven't been able to add files directly. I'm instead presented with an error box which states that the device (my phone) has either stopped responding or disconnected.

When I try to sync my phone with MusicBee it attempts a scan of my phone and then fails to copy anything and gives me the following error.
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM
. I've had issues for a long time where if my phone restarts it dumps most of my playlists, forcing me to re-sync it. I have MusicBee set to sync to my external Micro SD card.

I tried formatting my External SD Card through my G4 and after having formatted it I checked and all of the data that was previously on my SD card is still on it. I thought formatting a memory card erases all the data on it. Did it not properly format then? If not, is there another way I can try formatting it not through my LG G4?

I've tried a soft reset of my phone.

I've tried rebooting both my computer and my phone multiple times to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I've become very frustrated.

This is the error report it supplied me with.

MusicBee v3.2.6902.32258 (Win6.1), 12 Feb 2019 13:08:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
   at PortableDeviceApiLib.IPortableDeviceContent.EnumObjects(UInt32 dwFlags, String pszParentObjectID, IPortableDeviceValues pFilter, IEnumPortableDeviceObjectIDs& ppenum)
   at #=zp_8h0HnUq$$Fq8KLbfuEnLcMUsU5.#=zJxOW4O5Y59x8(String #=znZCWnZytealf)
   at #=zp_8h0HnUq$$Fq8KLbfuEnLcMUsU5.#=z47IF9Mw=(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=)
   at #=zp_8h0HnUq$$Fq8KLbfuEnLcMUsU5.#=zyDaBYaoCAP6s(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=, #=zabPgEBjVnLcbMC7FrAcqADKQ5Eef #=z5Zj2D38=, Boolean #=z2d1AN8Ll$7YO, List`1 #=zgJymtQ8=)
   at #=zp_8h0HnUq$$Fq8KLbfuEnLcMUsU5.#=zyDaBYaoCAP6s(#=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=, #=zabPgEBjVnLcbMC7FrAcqADKQ5Eef #=z5Zj2D38=, Boolean #=z2d1AN8Ll$7YO, List`1 #=zgJymtQ8=)
   at #=zp_8h0HnUq$$Fq8KLbfuEnLcMUsU5.#=zyDaBYaoCAP6s(#=zabPgEBjVnLcbMC7FrAcqADKQ5Eef #=z5Zj2D38=, #=zkilhrE$cypVhjQ8q52qKxTQ= #=z0k4Bx$M=, Boolean #=z2d1AN8Ll$7YO)
   at #=zm_y9hEsndKDRddNugCnjLDI=.#=zHAALHbo=(Boolean #=z2d1AN8Ll$7YO)
   at #=zUqJ1$dnM$dHBlToBoMKM7OE=.#=z7vMWhNRWQUvivs6IOQ==(Boolean #=zK7ncML4VmES9tSso1A==, Boolean #=zX_qN_H_a1wqd, Dictionary`2 #=zVZkiPESRFecP, List`1 #=z$i5WuwY9p691bU0YiQ==, Object #=zHKU5saxx0WDc)
   at #=zUqJ1$dnM$dHBlToBoMKM7OE=.#=z7vMWhNRWQUvivs6IOQ==(Boolean #=zK7ncML4VmES9tSso1A==, #=zicR5BP5GBqWhETCxbpkeYho= #=zP8H1Axd5Dbu3, Object #=zHKU5saxx0WDc)
   at #=zUqJ1$dnM$dHBlToBoMKM7OE=.#=z7vMWhNRWQUvivs6IOQ==(Object #=zHKU5saxx0WDc)
   at #=z4KjmepO$nOWxXRmJTMEnNOo=.#=ze5P5sjY1jehioXUFXxsapdxCwi4H(Object #=zAsc8M1Y=)
Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:41:10 PM by jordanibanez

frankz

Is the card showing up as accessible in Windows?  If not, MB will not find it.

Try unmounting and remounting the card through the Android OS.  I think I had a similar problem on my tablet.  The failed format seems to indicate your card is not in a good state.

jordanibanez

My G4 shows up in the folders along the left side of Windows Explorer, and often I can click through and see what files are stored on it, both internally and externally. When I try to copy files though, I get a message saying it's stopped responding or has disconnected.

I tried unmounting and remounting the SD card, as per your suggestion. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the issue.

phred

• Global Moderator
If you reformatted it and the data is still on it, then it didn't get reformatted.
I think the card is on its way out. But before you replace it, try formatting it on your PC.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jordanibanez

I've tried to do just that, and it seems the card is corrupted. I couldn't repair it via the prompts through properties and such, so, yeah, just gonna go ahead and get a new Micro SD card. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Thanks for the suggestions.