Author Topic: Trying to dump iTunes but want to get all of my purchased songs  (Read 1240 times)

[email protected]

I'm trying to get my purchased songs downloaded from iTunes so I can be rid of it.  I selected my playlist called "purchased" and then selected "download playlist and burn to cd" from the iTunes menu. I put a couple of DVDs in the drives and selected "Digital Download." It began chugging away and finished about an hour later. My purchased albums are on the discs but they are all m4a format and The Bee doesn't seem to like that. On one album, from the disc, I scanned for Music Bee, the Bee plays two of the 8 cuts and the rest error out. I tried to aquire the .bass .dll that seemed to be a key to this but it won't unzip without administrator priviledges and winzip doesn't provide for that. why would Music Bee only play two of the cuts. I have utilites that will convert all of the m4a files but that will take a long time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Steve

sveakul

MusicBee has no problems with non-corrupted M4A files, unless they still contain the Apple DRM protection.  I know the latter was removed from newly purchased files a few years back, but I have the feeling that some of the ones you downloaded and burned were purchased when DRM was still being inserted.  Check here on how you may be able to download them again in DRM-free versions via "iTunes Plus":  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201616

BTW, the bass_aac.dll will not help you play DRM encoded or corrupted files, it's only useful in cases of M4A/AAC encoded with sample rate greater than 48KhZ which is unsupported by the Windows Media Foundation codec.  It has also been found to workaround certain Windows 10 issues some people have reported in the past.  If you still want to try that, I'm not sure why you can't either right-click WinZip's exe and choose "Run as Administrator" from the context menu, use another extractor like the free 7-Zip, or just right-click the zip itself and choose "open with-->Windows Explorer" (Windows has native support for opening zips) to unzip the bass_aac.zip file.