Author Topic: Direct output (no fade in)  (Read 1117 times)

spoonerp

Hi,

I am using MusicBee 3.2. Whenever I pause the player part way through a file and then release the pause, the music fades in (ie not 100% output immediately). Similarly if I use the mouse to shift the point of playback, upon release the output is diminished but quickly fades up to 100%. For my purposes this is unacceptable - I need 0% or 100%, nothing in between (ie the sound file is always broadcast to the audio device unmodified). I can't believe MusicBee can't be set up that way, but I can't find the right settings to do it. Can anyone help me please?

With kind regards,

Paul Spooner.

sveakul

Preferences/Player/Sound Effects:  un-check both "crossfade tracks" and "smooth fade when stopping."  Save.

spoonerp

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have already tried that, but to no avail. Here are my current settings:

The aim - as you can see - is to pass the bitstream unmodified to a Marantz AV8003, which the software does perfectly most of the time, but fails (for about one second) after pause release or jog-shuttling. This results in white noise being presented at full volume...  :-[

Have you any other recommendations, please?

Regards,

Paul.

sveakul

Your screenshot didn't make it into your post;  please try again using the suggestions here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.msg153348#msg153348