Author Topic: Having trouble separating albums and singles effectively :/  (Read 1617 times)

conorjoyce

Hello all,
I'm not new to MusicBee, I've been using it for a while but only recently have I attempted to make my setup really tidy and clean.
I'm trying to separate all my albums and my singles. Right now I just set the Album Artist tag of all my singles to have a japanese character in front so that they would all appear at the end of the list but the problem is that they sort by album instead of artist and when I try to change that it messes up my actual albums that I want to keep in order.
I'm sure there's a simple solution and if someone could lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Here is a gif explaining my issue:
https://i.imgur.com/mgb8feC.gifv

frankz

You should not, IMO, put incorrect or bogus information in tags for the purpose of sorting.  It just creates more problems down the road, again, IMO.

What I would do would be to either find an unused tag to re-purpose (like Keyword or Occasion or whatever) or create a custom tag specifically for this, and then tag everything either "Album" or "Single" in that field.  Then I'd use that field for my first sort field.

conorjoyce

You should not, IMO, put incorrect or bogus information in tags for the purpose of sorting.  It just creates more problems down the road, again, IMO.

What I would do would be to either find an unused tag to re-purpose (like Keyword or Occasion or whatever) or create a custom tag specifically for this, and then tag everything either "Album" or "Single" in that field.  Then I'd use that field for my first sort field.

Thanks man that was the perfect solution, much appreciated :)