Author Topic: Artist seperator for MP3 files doesn't work  (Read 817 times)

Ookami

Hi,
I have mp3 artist tags like this:

you see, it's correctly tagged with a semicolon.
But this is what Musicbee does:

It doesn't seperate them, but it works for FLAC files.
How can I fix this, or is this a bug maybe?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What's actually in the artist tag if you look in the Tag Inspector?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Ookami

What's actually in the artist tag if you look in the Tag Inspector?

Well in MusicBee there is "Ark Patrol / XYLØ", but in dBpoweramp inspector window "Ark Patrol; XYLØ" and in foobar2000 under artist name "Ark Patrol; XYLØ".

See here the MusicBee Tag Inspector

"KÜNSTLER" is artist in german.
In foobar2000 it works by the way. I also used foobar to seperate all artist tags, which works for FLAC in MusicBee, but MusicBee has problems with MP3.

EDIT:
Here's the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAhfbTzkadOOoVuE8cEVPkIxJX8xaqoz/view?usp=sharing
Song is freely available
Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:00:30 PM by Ookami

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Based on this, I would say that "/" is actually in the file, not ";".  I believe the slash is the official multi value separator for ID3v2.3 (http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0), but many programs switched to the semicolon as in 2.4, because it's a less common character in actual artist's names. So the difference between programs is a matter of display and standardization. You could make a wishlist request for some kind of handling for the slash, but the easiest solution would be to use the search and replace command in the Tool menu to change the character. Then, when you rescan, MusicBee will correctly separate the artists. At that point they'll actually be stored in separate frames in the file, but displayed in the program with a semicolon as a separator character.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)