Author Topic: NewBee Question: Genre  (Read 703 times)

Swingjazzman

Hi all, I just can't figure out how to quickly listen to a genre (ex. Jazz) randomly using shuffle.  My normal sorting in the left pane is by Artist, then grouped by Artist.

Would rather not change that regular setting each time if possible.  Any ideas? (This feature is commonly available on other platforms, including my Sony NW-A45 Hi Res player).  I'm thinking the solution is super-easy, I'm just overlooking it!  Thanks everyone- 

frankz

I'd open a new Music Tab (+ sign in the tab row or CTRL+T) and set the thumbnail browser at the left of the new tab to Genre.  That way your main Music tab stays the way you want it and this new one is there when you need the functionality.  Right click "Jazz" in the thumbnail browser and do "Play Shuffled" and you're good to go.

There are probably easier ways.  For example, you could have an auto-playlist with the criterion Genre is Jazz and set it to shuffle.  But you'd have to change the criterion each time you want a different genre (or have multiple playlists).
Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:24:20 PM by frankz

Swingjazzman

Swingjazzman

Hey frankz, that worked like a charm! (the new tab method) You rock dude-  Thanks, this is the best music library management/player anywhere!