Author Topic: Why am I unable to sort albums by year in Artist View?  (Read 1064 times)

joefromiowa

Reinstalled Windows and am setting up Musicbee. I prefer Artists view with Album covers instead of Artist pictures. However I cannot sort albums by year (oldest to newest). There is simply no option that I can see. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/SNcNKfK

Note how the Bad Religion albums are totally out of order.

I know you can manually right click on an empty space of an album and sort it by year but Im certaintly not going to do that thousands of albums.

What is frustrating is I've set it up exactly how I want it before, but everytime I install Musicbee on a new install or device I spend an hour or stuck on this one thing. All I want is an option to view by Artists, use album covers instead of Artist picture, and sort all albums by year. What am I doing wrong here?

Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:15:36 AM by joefromiowa

joefromiowa

Ok well it seems I figured it out. If thought clicking on an empty space while viewing an album and selectiing sort order that way only applied to that one folder, as I didnt see it change to any other. However if I restart Musicbee the changes happen to every album, so its working exactly as I want. My music is stored on a Synology NAS so maybe it takes a reboot to reflect the change.

That said, i really think this option would be much better served if it appeared in the View context menu by adding a sort by year.