Author Topic: [Solved] Overwrite files on Move Files to Organized Folder  (Read 1015 times)

SinusStudios

Hey MB forum,

i'm finally attempting to completely get my extremely messy DJ library sorted once and for all.

Since i have thousands of thousands of copies of the same file, referenced in dozens of playlist files, i want to use the 'Move Files to Organized Folder' method for songs in my library since MusicBee will keep the libraries' playlists fixed when moving files with this method.

However since i have a lot of duplicates of the exact same songs MB won't let me move a majority of those files because they already exist at their destination (an almost-default
Code
<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> <Artist> - <Title>
scheme).
Since i've already moved all versions of songs once already (i.e. all files that i actually need for the playlists are already sorted) i simply need to get all the references in the playlists adjusted for that.
The easiest way would be to simply force moving all the songs into the Organized Folder, overwriting existing files (since i know all of them are the same files) because it would also update the playlists.

Any ideas on how i can achieve this?

Regards,
sinusstudios aka. waffeln
Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:48:09 PM by SinusStudios

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could try using the relink folders command to change the file paths on the playlist, maybe? Then you could delete the duplicate files when they're not used in the playlists anymore. The duplicate manager might also help you.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SinusStudios

I'm an idiot.

I overlooked this because of the dark skin i was using...

Sorry!