Author Topic: Every song gets copied on every sync with Fiio M7  (Read 2332 times)

barney

I have MusicBee set to synchronize all music, which has only 2 albums right now as I am learning how to use this app. Without any changes to my music library, each sync would copy every song to my device. And with every sync preview, the action would say "update" for every song my library. Not sure if there is something I did not configure right, or if the Fiio M7 is doing something to the files to make MusicBee think that every songs need to be updated.

I really like the app so far...if only every song does not get updated with each sync...

Thanks!!!
Barney

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't know for sure if it will address this issue, but Stevrn has made some improvements to syncing recently. I suggest applying the latest patch linked in this thread to see if it helps: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27681.msg154491;topicseen#msg154491
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

barney

Just tried the 3.3 patch. Every song is still copying on every sync. Thanks though!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. I believe resyncing is based on file modification date. Do you have any way of checking the file modification dates on your device?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

barney

OK, I think I know what causes that now. So after I unchecked two way sync, unplugged my device, and plugged it back in, the sync no longer wants to update the songs that are already there. Perhaps the two way sync does something to the file on the device. Anyhow, I now feel confident enough to sync a bunch more songs now :-D

What a nice app this is, and thank you for all your time!!!

barney

Spoke too soon. Now it's re-copying just the new songs I added. I'll play around with it some more.

Steven

• Administrator
if you click Help/ About, what version is displayed?
and also if you look at the files on the device using windows explorer, is the file modification time exactly the same as the source music files?

barney

I am using 3.3.6959. Today, I cannot repro the issue. (Must be user error on my end.) So the timestamp of the file in the device is different than in Windows filesystem. Next time this issue occurs (if it ever does again), I'll see if I can do a hash comparison between the source and destination files.