Author Topic: Fully sync MusicBee settings + library between two PCs - use Google Drive?  (Read 8206 times)

QNine

Hey all,

I have two Windows 10 machines (desktop + laptop) and want to keep MusicBee perfectly synced between them. I have a large amount of storage on Google Drive that can easily accommodate all my music, so I'm thinking that would be the best system to do that, as it auto-syncs between the two computers.

My question is, what settings would I need to tweak to do that?

At the moment, I have MusicBee auto-organize my library when I import tracks, and I have those settings identical on both computers, so the file structure in Google Drive is the same. That doesn't sync my settings though - things like the Last.FM "Loved" status on tracks don't carry over. I haven't used the "Move Library" button under "Preferences > Library", and that mentions the MusicBee database. Would that do the trick if I pointed both installations of MusicBee to the same location in Google Drive? If not, what would be the best way to achieve perfect synchronicity between both installations of MusicBee?

Thanks in advance!

frankz

This provides a good starting point. Obviously, customize to your Google Drive needs as opposed to Dropbox.

There have been numerous discussions about LAN and network sharing here with various methods.  Search works well to find these.

I set mine up differently.  My desktop computer is the master library with the settings, library and music files all in network shares and then each remote computer on the LAN is a slave to it.

There's more than one way to do it. The internet method becomes very useless very quickly if you lose your internet connection for some reason.

frankz