Author Topic: resetting layout sizes on restart  (Read 1190 times)

ftorek

Hello - i have a quick question - not sure if i'm doing something wrong:
I normally have the layout with albums in the middle and playlist to the right with large album artwork underneath.
I usually have the playlist wider than default.
But anytime i resize it to be w bit wider - anytime i restart MB - it goes back to the size as before?

Not critical but annoying :)
The reason for it is that the large album artwork below the playlist - gets really small then...

Anyhow - any pointers how to save the width of panels in layout so it doesn't reset?

Thanks for any help
Ftorek

ftorek

shameless bump :)

But - anyone has any idea?

I've tried opening MB as administrator in case it can't save settings in file... no joy
I've tried looking for setting file (like .ini) or something where you could set your widths of layout - can't find anything like it...
Thought i've struck gold when i found in Preferences->Layout (1) - the setting 'Disable Resizing of Panels' - but that's not it - it just doesn't allow any changes to layout - but once you restart MB it all goes back to where it was before....

Is it something i'm missing?
I've also noticed it happens to other panels as well - the left with list of artists will shrink to original size on restart as well...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ftorek

Deocyn

Hi guys, just bumping this as I have the same question. I've had a quick look in the forums and can't seem to find a solution to this.

Just made my layout the way I want it however the size of the panels always resets upon start. I guess its a 'minor' problem but having to resize them each time I open the program is a little annoying and I can't seem to find a way to lock them into place.

Am I missing something obvious or is this just a feature not in MusicBee currently?

Thanks

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi guys, just bumping this as I have the same question. I've had a quick look in the forums and can't seem to find a solution to this.

Just made my layout the way I want it however the size of the panels always resets upon start. I guess its a 'minor' problem but having to resize them each time I open the program is a little annoying and I can't seem to find a way to lock them into place.

Am I missing something obvious or is this just a feature not in MusicBee currently?

Thanks

What version of MB are you using?
If you are able to resize then it seems like MB is capable, so odd if not retained, although there must be limits and constraints on size...
Could be MusicBee3Settings.ini not getting saved maybe..
Have a look at MusicBee3Settings.bak as well
Check the last saved date and time in Windows File Explorer..
Freddy
Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:10:45 PM by Freddy Barker