Author Topic: Theater mode Customization  (Read 5785 times)

Jamessf69

Howdy all.
If you give me enough rope I'll hang myself  LOL
Anytime I can easily code and "skin" a good program I'm there.
So I'm working on a clean but feature laden TM customization.

I Finally figured out how to run a local slideshow with Mbee.
And dunno if it's a fluke or not, but I removed the "tag" code and it finally worked and runs great.
Landscapes2 folder in the SharedArtwork folder.

<settings backgroundImage="Default Landscape.jpg" />
<settings rotationFolder="Landscapes2" />
<!--  <settings rotationPeriod="10" /> -->
<settings rotationPeriod="EndOfTrack" />
<!-- TAG "Landscape" was removed from the next line and all finally worked -->
<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomstretch" interval="60" ></element>

Now that I got that working, is there ANY way to "fade/Crossfade" A/B fade the images? I have them change at the end of a track so it's not AS jarring, but the quick cut of images isn't the best.

Secondly... I have implemented the "time" element in my "skin"
Are there any parameters that I can use. I.E. 24hour, Seconds?

Thirdly... Can type use the alpha? I can't seem to get a transparent Font?

And lastly.... The Playerbar..... What other "extras" can be used, and can there be more than one "extras"?

Thanks for any help.

James

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
This old Theatre Mode displays the current time of day of 10:40 PM

using this xml...

<element type="Time" xAnchor="#InfoBar.Right" x="-138" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-50" width="120" align="Right" font="Dosis" style="Bold" size="14" fg="120,128,0,0" ></element>

...But running the same code today, albeit 6 years old, the AM / PM element does not show after the hr:min
For me, it conforms to whatever format I have my windows time display "Short Time" set to.  If I change that and restart MB, it uses the changed setting.  If I change it back and restart MB, it uses the old setting.

For your "Second" question..

Jamessf69

This old Theatre Mode displays the current time of day of 10:40 PM

using this xml...

<element type="Time" xAnchor="#InfoBar.Right" x="-138" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-50" width="120" align="Right" font="Dosis" style="Bold" size="14" fg="120,128,0,0" ></element>

...But running the same code today, albeit 6 years old, the AM / PM element does not show after the hr:min
For me, it conforms to whatever format I have my windows time display "Short Time" set to.  If I change that and restart MB, it uses the changed setting.  If I change it back and restart MB, it uses the old setting.

For your "Second" question..

Thanks! Yeah I got the time onscreen, with similar code. But good to know that it takes on the "format" of your system. But it would be nice to be able to "force" it to use a 24hour closk, or to have the added "extras" of seconds, or blinking ":" colon