Author Topic: Modify .xml file - how to see changes in TM  (Read 4537 times)

UK82

You are modifying a TM .xml page. You make a change & save the file. You definitely DO save it!

What is the best way to see this change reflected when viewing it in TM?

I can't work out an easy way to see the change. Just closing TM down and opening it again doesn't work. The old version of the file is still displayed.

I've set F9 to Start Theater Mode. ESC (by default) closes it. This is quick and easy. But I don't see my modifications this way....

Any tips/tricks/settings out there to aid this? Thanks.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

For messing with TM files, find one that works and make a copy!
Edit the copy to try out any changes. Ensure copy is in the folder with other TM files.
Use MB view Theatre Mode [name of your TM file here].xml option to see changes.
Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:13:44 PM by Freddy Barker

UK82

For messing with TM files, find one that works and make a copy!
Edit the copy to try out any changes. Ensure copy is in the folder with other TM files.
Use MB view Theatre Mode [name of your TM file here].xml option to see changes.

That works fine the first time you do it. ie make a default2.xml file and use it in TM (I have to add it first via [View / Theater Mode / Add Skin] for it to show in the list - is there a way for it to automatically show up after it's been added to the same folder as all the other ones?)

Anyway - you look at it and think 'grrrgh - need to increase that x value' so you modify the default2.xml source file.

Close TM down. Open it again with the same file and the change is not reflected.

How do you do a 'refresh' here? It's like it caches it in someway - it doesn't re-read the file.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
That works fine the first time you do it. ie make a default2.xml file and use it in TM (I have to add it first via [View / Theater Mode / Add Skin]

No need to restart MB, just exit from  Theatre Mode,  then  go straight back in!
Make sure you overwrite the old with the new updated xml, and it should just work, no smoke and mirrors! [/quote]
Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:36:02 PM by Freddy Barker

UK82

OK - sack the programmer.

I run MB from one place while having the source tree backed up elsewhere. Only a slight difference in path names. Honest.

When you edit the .xml in the correct ....\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List folder - guess what - it works fine.

I thought it was strange what I was having to do (add it manually) - but because I could see all the other previous .xml files it didn't trigger (until now) that I was actually in the incorrect folder to be read automatically.

Schoolboy error. Sorry for the time waste. Not just of mine...