Author Topic: MusicBee not following the path settings  (Read 1293 times)

xtreme1

I want:
/storage/3EC3-1FFB/Music/blah

I get:
..\Music\Shoji Meguro\Persona 5  Sounds of Rebellion\1-18 - Last Surprise.mp3

MB v3.3.6952
Windows 10

I'm syncing to a virtual folder on my PC.

Here are my relevant settings:
https://imgur.com/gallery/zSdooar

So as you can see, it ignores the rename piece in the global settings. Device settings ignores the unix bit, but not the relative part. Export doesn't work properly either - it puts my PC's music file location in instead of the relative path as it says it should be on the global library settings.

Not sure where to go from here. Thanks for looking.

Steven

• Administrator
The unix and relative path setting in the Library preferences refers to exported library playlists only. Both of those settings are working fine for me and i see no reason for it not to work.

Device playlist sync has its own setting for relative paths only, and again thats working fine for me. There is no unix setting for device sync

xtreme1

Right clicking on a playlist and or drag and dropping a playlist do not export playlists for me with unix file paths.

Steven

• Administrator
if you export to a removable device then MB will use the device synch settings which doesnt support unix paths.
If thats what you are doing, export to the local hard disc drive and copy the files manually

xtreme1

I am exporting to the local hard disc, and it still will not show unix paths, even with the pictured settings.