Author Topic: 'Queue selected tracks now and play now' issue  (Read 1365 times)

toshiromifune

'Queue selected tracks now and play now' doesn't work when shuffle is on. To be more precise, that 'play now' part doesn't work.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, 3.3.6904.
As of today the latest version is 3.3.6952. 6904 was released in mid-November and many issues have been resolved since then.

I suggest you install the patch and try again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce this issue. Can you post a screenshot of your "Now Playing" preferences

and also indicate how you initiate playback and where eg. double click in the main panel using the Track Details view

and lastly indicate if another track is already playing

toshiromifune

Sure. Here I double-clicked a whole album: https://imgur.com/1gyGD4b
But if I want to play any song from the same album (the alst one, for example), it will always play a song with number the 1 from the 'playing tracks' and not the song I double clicked. Maybe it's not a bug, but I assume it is, because the option says 'queue selected tracks next and play now'.

So everytime I want to play a playlist or an album, I have to turn shuffle off, double click it and then turn shuffle on again.
Sorry if it is not really a bug, but it doesn't feel intuitive at all, at least to me :)
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:02:57 PM by toshiromifune

Steven

• Administrator
when you double clicked the whole album, all tracks are queued and the first played.
If you subsequently double click another track, it will get added to the end of the tracks already queued and the "play now" will go to the next track in the queue. So i dont think it is a bug

toshiromifune

I understand that, it just feels strange that play now option doesn't actually play now. Or maybe the problem is that I would like it to work differently. I don't like to clear the whole playing tracks list when I double click a song. But that's my problem, sorry to bother you and thanks for answering my stupid questions :)