Author Topic: Resizing issue  (Read 3648 times)

late

When syncing a device, MB will resize album artwork randomly if the custom file name option is used. When using "copy to folder.jpg" MB will copy the original artwork without resizing.

The custom name doesn't seem to matter, 'cover' '<album>' and even 'folder' names will all result in MB resizing the artwork.

The resizing seems to be random, or at least I can't figure a pattern in it. Two albums by the same artist both with artwork at 1400px one gets synced as 400px and the other as 350px. Another albums art at 1024px is resized into 374px.

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce this issue. If the "resize artwork" option is NOT ticked, MB will resize large artwork anyway to make the file smaller than 65K as the is a 65K limit on resource files. However I realise now that restriction isnt needed anymore so I will fix that issue - but thats not the issue you are reporting.

late

I have copied all artwork with the resize tick OFF, all the artwork copied by MB with the custom name are under 65KB, usually 50-60KB.

If you are able to throw me an .exe file with the limiter off I can test the resizing/sync, see if it was due to this limit.

Steven

• Administrator

late

Now MB isn't reading a connected device at all. There's no popup in the corner for a new device, and there's no option to sync in the file menu. Phone is working, I can move files through explorer.

MB 3.3.6952

Steven

• Administrator
did you unzip and replace ALL the files?

late

I replaced the files, just like normal. MB doesn't find my phone anymore. MB does find my USB drive, so it can read removeable drives, at least some of them.

I uninstalled MB completely, got rid of all evidence, %appdata% (both local and roaming folders), installation, C:\Users... etc. I couldn't find any other traces of the program, apart from the afore mentioned. Installed 3.2 as a fresh (as fresh as I can) install with no music added, and MB can't find my phone anymore. It will happily read my USB drive, but can't find my phone.

I updated to 3.3.6904, same thing.

After that, I dropped in the new files, version 3.3.6952. Same thing.

I tried uninstalling the drivers to my phone's USB and reinstalling to no effect.

Edit: So something interesting happened, after I used VSS to restore all the folders back to a version from last saturday MB finds my phone again. I'm at version 3.3.6940 now, with the restored version.

This new issue however persists, with version 3.3.6952, MB will not detect my phone.

tl;dr: when updating to 6952, MB doesn't detect my phone. Restoring the installation folder back to 6940 works in getting my phone detected by MB.

It is absolutely mystical how going to 6952; uninstalling MB; deleting all files (that I can find (though it seems I did NOT find all the files)); then reinstalling 3.2 can screw up the detection completely, even in older versions.

Good thing VSS exists.
Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:42:15 AM by late

Steven

• Administrator
which windows version are you using?

late

Steven

• Administrator
It does look like windows 7 is not supporting one of the interfaces that its supposed to.
This should fix the issue:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

late

Good news is, syncing works again.

Bad news, custom named album art is not copied at all, regardless of a mask <Album> or just "cover" name. New issue: playlists are not copied properly, it appears that MB checks if the playlist is on the drive and then skips it if it is there. Updated playlists are not copied, if they have changes done in them.

Edit: Jumped the gun a bit too early. MB will copy all playlists initially, however when an auto-playlist is updated, MB won't copy the playlist. Manually created playlists are copied as new tracks are added in.

Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:55:45 PM by late

Steven

• Administrator
If you redownload the patch version, auto-playlists should now sync.
Artwork is only copied to the device when the music file needs to be synched

late

Playlist syncing works again with no problems, however the custom named album art copying doesn't. When I delete an album from my phone and then sync it back, the artwork is not copied. When using folder.jpg option it is.

3.3.6953, redownloaded.

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your synch settings