Author Topic: Musicbee duplicating my cover art after reinstalling Musicbee  (Read 1242 times)

alzeimer

New to the forum and fist post so sorry if making any mistake.

After having to reinstall Windows 10 and Musicbee my library of music which as embedded art cover on every song (Cover, cover (back)) and a copy of the cover art (in jpg format incase the original MP3 is lost or corrupted) in the album folder as now duplicated all the cover art sometimes even 3 times the same cover when I created the library on first run of Musicbee.

Now instead of having 1 cover and 1 cover (back) for each song they now have sometime 2 of each cover and on occasions 3 of each.

In my preferences I always tick off auto tag, copy art cover to folder so to manually do it myself (do not trust auto things).

After manually removing all the duplicates Music has put back all the duplicates again.

What am I doing wrong or why is musicbee doing this on it's own.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Steven

• Administrator
the only mechanism i can think of where MB might add addtional artwork is when you re-organise files (manually or library-auto-organise) where MB looks for existing artwork in the original folder and transfers that to the new folder.
Assuming you dont have "automatically save missing artwork" ticked in the Tags(2) preferences then i dont have any other suggestions

alzeimer

Thanks for the reply,

Everything concerning Artwork in Tags(2) is turned off, like I said I do not like auto organization on anything so the vast majority of my library is manually tagged by me, have been using Musicbee foe a couple of years and all my tagging and artwork have worked with mo problem but after having to reisntall Windows i had to do like a fresh install of Musicbee so the original duplicating of the artwok was i think due to the fact that in all my alnum files I had a jpg photo of the front and back cover of the album and when the program first read the library it copied a those images to the the already embedded mp3 file.

My question is since then i manually deleted all the extra artwork only to find out that it all came back one day without me changing anything in my preogram preferences.

Also one more question, when I was deleting the extra artwork I come across often a message asking me if i wanted to also delete the folder.jpg file from My Computer and since all my artowk is saved as Cover.jpg (front cover) and Coverb.jpg (back cover) I tried to find those folder.jpg files but could not find any in all the musicbee folders or my library folders, checked My Library folders, My Music MusicBee and C:User User Name AppData Roaming & Local MusicBee and could not find any sign of a folder.jpg could only find  album artwork in the .png format.

Where could these files be if MusicBee asks me if i wanted to delete them from My Computer or they would show back next time I play this track. It would ask me that maybe 40% of the time.

alzeimer

I found those folder.jpg files in my library location after I made the hidden file visible.

Is it possible to have Musicbee not do anything automatic when you first install it and scan a library for the first time it would save a lot of work to the people who have already tagged and embedded the artwork in their MP3 files. Like put all the preferences by default to do nothing but add the songs then each individual can modify them to their liking and not have the program do things you do not want it to do.

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee doesnt do anything automatic by default. I expect you have opened Windows Media Player which does write hidden folder.jpg files automatically

alzeimer

I never use Windows Media Player but it's ok I will find a way myself so this will not happen anymore.

To let you know I used a search engine to find all the folder.jpg files in my ligrary and deleted them all in one click.

One question you might be able to help me, is there a way to batch delete all the duplicates embedded cover or will I have to go through all my albums 1 by 1. When I use other MP3 Tag Tools they all show me that I have only 2 embedded cover artwork in the files but when I use MusicBee it shows me 4 cover art so where would those duplicates be if they do not seem to be embedded in the mp3 file.