Author Topic: Virtually split a track in Musicbee  (Read 2115 times)

calderino

Hi,
I was wondering if it possible to split a track.
For example, in Nirvana's Nevermind, the last track, "Something in the Way", contains a hidden track at the end, after a silence.
It would be nice if one could start the hidden song directly, without actually splitting the file.
Like:

12. Something in the Way -- 20:35
 a. Something in the Way -- 3:52
 b. Silence -- 10:00
 c. Endless, Nameless - 6:43

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could do this by creating a bookmark for it.  You can use different bookmarks within tracks like separate files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

calderino

You could do this by creating a bookmark for it.  You can use different bookmarks within tracks like separate files.

How does that work? Can I do it in Musicbee? I could not find it in the options.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

calderino

I tried it out, and it works (I am able to create bookmarks).
However, I don't know if it is possible to see them directly in the music tab. I think that would be nice.

Another thing I noticed is that the wave bar does not match what is being played if I play a bookmark.
For example, If the bookmark starts in the middle of the song, the wave bar starts scrolling from the beginning. Should I report a bug?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could try putting a bookmarked track in your library and see what happens. You can definitely put them in playlist.

The wavebar issue definitely sounds like a bug.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)