Author Topic: How to add a new album with random sorting to the current playlist?  (Read 1579 times)

therob

Hey,
sometimes I am quite a little bit overwhelmed of the many functions of MusicBee and often get confused while using it - still after one year.

So, here is my question of the day and I hope you can tell me an easy way (or I will make a FeatureRequest of it, if it is simple not possible):

How can I add all the titles of an album from the library but with a RANDOM order and inserting it after the currently playing song into the playlist (without delete or alter existing playlist)?
Two similar question stands for the same: 1) how to add several selected albums of the library to the current position of the playlist in random order and 2) how to add all title of an album in random order to an empty playlist. I can't manage :-/

With non of my following tests I had success for this:
- activating random mode + send to playlist
- rightclick album and "cue randomly" (german: "zufällig abspielen")
- add to playlist (with small "play" arrow-button) selecting all added songs in playlist and looked for anything like "shuffle selected songs" (which doesn't exist). I only can shuffle the WHOLE playlist, but not a selection.

For all the result is, that the songs of the album appear in ther "correct" order in the playlist, and not shuffle is done.

How can I make this?
Thanks and cheers,
Robert
Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:13:24 PM by therob

therob

hm, can't find the option you suggested (at least in my german localisation). What you mean exactly? And why you think this would result in a  random order of the album tracks in the playlist?
Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:16:10 PM by therob

frankz

This should work:

Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing->'Play Now' Action->queue selected tracks next and play now

Right click album->Play Shuffled

therob

Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing->'Play Now' Action->queue selected tracks next and play now

Was already selected before.

Right click album->Play Shuffled
If you mean "Queue Shuffled (Strg+Enter)" ("Play Shuffled" I can't find) it does not work, unfortunately.
If I select 2 albums and click "Queue Shuffled (Strg+Enter)" first album1 with title 1 to end and then album2 with title 1 to end is added to playlist. No shuffle visible.

frankz

therob

Indeed, that is a different option (I don't use the album icons in the explorer.)
But the result is the same: the album is added to the playlist, but in sorted manner + order-numbers are added but they are also sorted from 1 to last --> I can't see any shuffling.
Maybe there is any other setting messed up in my configuration? hm...
does it work if you test your option from screenshot (and can you test the Strg+E - option)?

edit: Ah, whether the option "Queue shuffled" is available or not is dependent of the playing mode. only for "shuffle" it is available (but results in non-shuffled queue), but shuffle mode itself should mix it later.
The option "Play shuffled" in explorer is always available, but only results in real shuffling if mode "normal" or "auto-DJ" is active, for "shuffle mode" normal order is forced, it is added without shuffle.
strange behaviour.

But how to add the album shuffled to the end of the playlist or after the next song in shuffled manner is still a puzzle for me.... (for mode auto-dj or normal, as "shuffle-mode" doesn't show me, which songs will be play next as it make random jumps within the playlist, which i don't like).

And: why the button "play shuffled" is not also available in the library/album-view available?
hm...
Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:52:15 PM by therob

therob

Can anybody tell me, if one the of the various and for my not transparent options for playing songs random/shuffled is being overholed in any next release?
E.g. I would be happy about include "Play shuffled" from thumbnail view also to music library / album view and add more options ("add shuffled after current song", "add shuffled to end of playlist", "play shuffled (playlist will be emptied)", ...) and this as consistent from everywhere within MusicBee... :-)
Would anybody support to formulate this as "Feature Request"?

Or is it just my stupidness to use / configure MusicBee in the way I want?
My question is still unanswered: how to add an album (or various, or a selection) from Album-view/music-library shuffled to the end of the playlist or as the next songs in shuffled manner??

Any hints are welcome...
Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 06:46:05 PM by therob

therob

In MusciBee v 3.3.7165 I still cannot find the functionality I asked about above - and so I still cannot add a album shuffled to an existing playlist :-/ Or does I only not find it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure if you have shuffle turned on, one of the right click options is "queue random" or something like that
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

therob

Thanks for fast answer.
You are right, at a right click on an album cover there exists the option "queue shuffled" (in screenshot: "zufällig einreihen") - but only while "shuffle"  = ON (neither in "AutoDJ" nor in "normal" mode).

BUT: as you can see in the screenshot, the result is, that the songs are queued in normal order. Only the WHOLE Playlist is then played shuffled (which is correct for play mode "shuffled") - but doesn't help me out with my problem.

So I am still too stupid to queue an album to an existing playlist in AutoDJ with an shuffled order (from the album view in screnshot) ... :-/

[screenshot only via extern link: http://ge.tt/7trFc3z2]
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:41:50 PM by therob

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. I think I see what you're saying. Might be worth a wishlist request for a feature like "shuffle selected tracks only".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

therob

Thanks for confirmation :-)
I opened a whishlist post - feel free to add there: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29948.0

Would be "queue selected tracks/albums shuffled".
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:29:26 AM by therob