Author Topic: 'Now Playing' background customization  (Read 3008 times)

mishiraK

New MusicBee user here! I really like it so far but I'm not really fond of the Now Playing background images.
It seems like it's taking images from Google? And I wonder if I could change the background for it.
Here's an example, the background image isn't even close to the song, so I want to change it to an appropriate image.

Steven

• Administrator
copy the picture to the clipboard and then right click on the now playing panel/ paste artwork

mishiraK

copy the picture to the clipboard and then right click on the now playing panel/ paste artwork

I try and it works until I went to other tabs and exit from the app but I did the same process with
two other songs but those works and the image stays.

mishiraK

I try and it works until I went to other tabs and exit from the app but I did the same process with
two other songs but those works and the image stays.

I recorded my screen to show what I did and it ended up fixing it.
I don't know if this is a bug or what, do I need to wait for a minute but this is very confusing, to say the least.

Here's the youtube video of me trying to get the background to stay.

Steven

• Administrator
It is the case that the picture streaming is not being fully reset. This should fix the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

mishiraK

Ah, I see, I downloaded and I don't really know where to put the files.
Do I just put it in the MusicBee folder in the appdata?

Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm not really tech-savvy.

phred

• Global Moderator
Assuming you're not using the Windows Store version of MB, all you need to do is unzip the files and place them in the folder where MB lives. Let it overwrite any existing files. If you're on the Store version, you can't update until a new release is issued. Which may be quite a while.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here