Author Topic: UWP Crashing after start up.  (Read 798 times)

Dewm

So I'm afraid I don't really have any debug information for this... but essentially what is going on is that after starting up musicbee; after about 5 seconds it closes itself.

I have the normal version of musicbee that works fine; and I tried launching it with both musicbee folders in %appdata% renamed, but to no avail.

Essentially it's
>Start musicbee
>Musicbee successfully loads and can even play music
>Not long after it closes itself with no error

There isn't a way to get a crash log from the UWP version is there? UWP is rather nice for being a bit lighter on the system, but the lack of support for a "fix it yourself" approach is infuriating. To be clear; I do know to be angry at microsoft for how locked down this is.

phred

• Global Moderator
Not long after it closes itself with no error
Have you looked at MB's error log: help > support > view error log? Or are you saying there's no pop-up error window?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dewm

This is the UWP build, so there is no pop-up error window I'm afraid.
There is not even a .log file since there isn't any access to the install folder.

I apologize there isn't much info I can give. If it helps; I have a lot of music containing unicode/unique characters; but other UWP programs and the desktop MusicBee is able to handle these files just fine; so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not.

phred

• Global Moderator
This is the UWP build, so there is no pop-up error window I'm afraid.
There is not even a .log file since there isn't any access to the install folder.
I don't use the Store version, but I think there should still be an error log. Did you follow my instructions to view it?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dewm

Alright; after another attempt of trying to rush to the menu; I was able to get the error log open... aaannnnd....

Nothing.

The last entry was from June 2018; which I didn't even have the UWP version installed back then...

Dewm

Aha! I managed to fix it myself. A few resets of settings and removing some plugins I've found the culprit. For some reason discordbee is incompatible? Out of all the plugins that would have been the last one I would have suspected.