Author Topic: 6 Pack of Skins + 2  (Read 75447 times)

Roadrunner

I sort of like my skins in that 1 folder, but I suppose that's up to Steven, plus Black Oro was my 1st try witha Dark skin. (probably the last also  :)    peace be with you
Hi Sarge

I appreciate your great skins, but I think, that as long as there's no folder called "Sarge" (what could also be a possibility), they should strictly contain what they promise... Dark is dark, colorful is colorful, independly who worked it out.

VX

I sort of like my skins in that 1 folder, but I suppose that's up to Steven, plus Black Oro was my 1st try witha Dark skin. (probably the last also  :)    peace be with you
Hi Sarge

I appreciate your great skins, but I think, that as long as there's no folder called "Sarge" (what could also be a possibility), they should strictly contain what they promise... Dark is dark, colorful is colorful, independly who worked it out.

QFT. I share this point of view. That's why I'd rather move BeachBee skin to the Blue skins folder. It's more blue than some other skins stored there  ;D

BTW, the Black Oro skin that is distributed by Steven in the latest skin folder is a little outdated. It should be updated to the latest version available (and moved to the Dark folder) before the final release.

BTW, the problem is which folder is suitable to store the MetroStyle skin by beistrich ;D

BTW 2, is this grey intended colour for Player Control Panel on the top of Now Playing list and the Compact Player ???
Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:22:06 PM by VX

Sarge

BTW 2, is this grey intended colour for Player Control Panel on the top of Now Playing list and the Compact Player ???

That grey on the main player has been fixed and posted, Page 1 has the fixed file.

jimmanningjr

What is the difference between Black Gold and Black Oro???????????????

The spelling.
For a minute I thought i was ..aaa...Not thinking clearly...Thanx 4 the clarification!!! :)

Greb

What is the difference between Black Gold and Black Oro???????????????

The spelling.
For a minute I thought i was ..aaa...Not thinking clearly...Thanx 4 the clarification!!! :)

In spanish the adjective goes after the name. 'Black Oro' sounds really weird when read from the spanish point of view.

And btw, in spanish 'Oro negro' (Black gold) means 'Oil'.

If you want to give a 'spanish' feeling to the name, I'd recommend u 'El Dorado'  ;D

Sarge

In spanish the adjective goes after the name. 'Black Oro' sounds really weird when read from the spanish point of view.

And btw, in spanish 'Oro negro' (Black gold) means 'Oil'.

If you want to give a 'spanish' feeling to the name, I'd recommend u 'El Dorado'  ;D
Hey Greb thanks for letting me know that. I will make changes to the name and the splash name . I certainly do not want to offend anyone. I was more so trying to NOT name it Gold (for whatever reason)
I might even name it "Notgold" but I will rename it something. thanks again.

Sarge

Do to a error on my part the wrong Chocolate skin was uploaded on 4-5-2011. I since made the correct upload and the newest file is on Page 1, sorry my bad.

Plus as soon as I can I will be renaming the Black Oro skin, since getting the information from Greb on my horrible misuse of Spanish
I don't know what to name it, I'm open for suggestions.

Greb

Hey Greb thanks for letting me know that. I will make changes to the name and the splash name . I certainly do not want to offend anyone. I was more so trying to NOT name it Gold (for whatever reason)
I might even name it "Notgold" but I will rename it something. thanks again.

No offense there, man. It's just that... it really sounds strange if you speak spanish ;)

Another option is to use the latin root 'Aurum'. It's the root for the spanish words 'oro' (gold) and 'aureo' (golden), or for the french ones 'or' and 'aureus'. And nobody speak latin nowadays, so nobody is gonna claim!!!  ;D

Sarge

I think I'm going to re name it "Iron Pyrite" . that's the name for "Fool's Gold...and it might fit the case here .  ;D

Sarge

I have re named the Black Oro skin to > Iron Pyrite (fools gold). because I am a idiot.

the new file is on page 1

VX

Sarge, thank you very much for updating the Chocolate and IP skins  :)

As far as the name, IMHO Iron Pyrite might be a little bit too long and hard to pronounce.

I think Black Gold is simple yet powerful name that clearly explains the dual nature of the skin in plain English  ;D

BTW, Greb's 'Aurum' concept is interesting too  :)

Update:

I can't see the difference in the Player Controls. It's still grey in Compact Player just like at the screenshot above.
Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:35:30 PM by VX

Sarge

Update:

I can't see the difference in the Player Controls. It's still grey in Compact Player just like at the screenshot above.
That's wierd because I am using it now, and it doesn't show gray on mine. I wonder if the link got messed up and rfered to a earlier one. Anyway I re  re uploaded it and please let me know if it's fixed

Maybe someone else could also confirm for me if it's ok now ?
Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:47:39 PM by Sarge

VX

Just tested the reuploaded skin and nothing has changed  :(

Sarge

Just tested the reuploaded skin and nothing has changed  :(
That's so wierd this is my view same file. I wonder if someone else could help confirm.

I hate computers, if it wasn't for this Music program I'd throw the damn thing in the lake.

Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:37:08 PM by Sarge

Steven

• Administrator
sarge, unless i'm missing something here, your screenshot has exactly the same colours as reported by VX and same as what i see when i use the skin (its colour: 50,50,50)