Author Topic: 6 Pack of Skins + 2  (Read 75423 times)

Sarge

I don't even know where the track info doo hicky thingy gets it's code from, but I agree and when I find out I will try and change that.
As far as I can see, the heading line comes from No 37 and 39: "Panel.ChildHeader.Default" and "Panel.ChildHeaderControl.Highlight", but as I wrote earlier (including an example of a more readable title), I couldn't find the close button... Good luck!

hey Roadrunner ..I'm not avoiding your question. It's just that I myself don't exactly know all the areas, and what you might find is that doing one area to your liking, it changes something somewhere else. My best advice is to do what I did with the WTF skin, and use colors that are way-off from what your skin is, and this helps you to find what that element really does.
Like the Tag manager area,, which Steven wrote a Over ride for. That area took it's colors from the Drop Down Menu. so in cases like that, you just have to  Fiddle F@!k with it a bit.
But feel free to PM me if you need anything or help

That's why I like my WTF skin....nothing is right and nothing is wrong.  ;D and every panel and new window is like getting a new skin each click.  ;D
Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:57:27 PM by Sarge

Roadrunner

Hi Sarge

Absolutly no problem! I also tried to find the correct entries with the WTF skin (which is really great for this purpose). Even with that help, I couldn't find the tray player's close button. And because I wish you had more luck, I wrote "Good luck!" ::)

Knowing a very little bit of its complexity, the more I admire your skinnig work and results! Thx and keep on surprising me! ;D :o 8)

Sarge

Rather than have 2 yellow skins I modified the bright yellow and made a Gold skin.

the new skin file is on Page 1
it might have a few kinks yet, it's new

VX

Sarge, thanks for improving the Chocolate skin  :)

As far as MB Gold skin, I suggest to change the name:
- remove 'MB' acronym; it's meaningless since all the skins are made for MB;
- I don't think 'Gold' is suitable name; IMHO it's rather dark (namely: black) skin with Golden elements. It reminds me the Honeycomb skin or some Dark-Variations...

Don't get me wrong, it IS a very interesting and well-done skin, but IMHO to name it 'Gold' it should be more like its Player Control Panel at the bottom:

I'd swap some dark (black) elements with the golden ones.

Sarge

I removed the Gold skin for a few reasons:
1. Right now I can't think of another name.

2.I thought people liked the darker skins so as I was modifying the bright yellow skin and it kept getting more towards a gold color so I went with that.

3. It was never my intention to make a skin that looked like another members. I like to make mine different. I think you can tell that's true by my other skins.

4. I never used or saw the Honeycomb skin until you wrote this  ( that's a good looking skin, by the way )
and as far as being similar. Using those 2 colors it would be hard NOT to see some similarities.

5. 7 pack of skins...doesn't sound as good as 6 pack. (which I'm going to have right now, a nice cold 6 pack)

VX

Sarge, forget about my last comment and bring back the Gold skin, please  :)

It was not my intention that You have removed the skin. There are a lot of skins distributed with MusicBee that remind one another.

Sarge

Mellow Yellow II skin
Posted on 4-09 - 2011
Updated and fixed some highlight issues and the coloring in the compact mode player.

Skin file on Page 1 reflects the changes

VX

Sarge, I'd really like You to bring back the Gold skin, please  :)

Sarge

I trashed the Gold skin . I am uploading a new one now. 
But I left a Gold tidbit in it for you.  ;D

It will be uploaded in a bit.

VX

I trashed the Gold skin . I am uploading a new one now. 
But I left a Gold tidbit in it for you.  ;D

It will be uploaded in a bit.

Thanks for the tasty morsel ;D I'm hungry now  ;D

Sarge

Sarge, I'd really like You to bring back the Gold skin, please  :)

I re -posted it per your request.
It is now called Black Oro

and Page 1 has the skin file and screen shot

VX

Sarge, THANK YOU very much for reuploading the Gold skin with the new name: Black Oro sounds really great  8) Is the name somehow related to the Polynesian mythology  ???

And what about the Purple skin  ??? Still work in progress  ???

BTW, I'd locate Black Oro and Purple skins in the Dark folder rather than Multi-Color... What do You think  ???

Have a nice day  :)

Sarge

Sarge, THANK YOU very much for reuploading the Gold skin with the new name: Black Oro sounds really great  8) Is the name somehow related to the Polynesian mythology  ???

And what about the Purple skin  ??? Still work in progress  ???

BTW, I'd locate Black Oro and Purple skins in the Dark folder rather than Multi-Color... What do You think  ???

Have a nice day  :)

Oro is Gold in spanish

The purple skin is on hold for a bit, and will use some of the new elements.

I sort of like my skins in that 1 folder, but I suppose that's up to Steven, plus Black Oro was my 1st try witha Dark skin. (probably the last also  :)    peace be with you
P.S. thanks you just gave me another idea for a skin.....Polynesian Bee   ;D
Coral colors and Ivory....and chicks in hula skirts
Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:56:32 PM by Sarge

jimmanningjr

What is the difference between Black Gold and Black Oro???????????????

Sarge