Author Topic: 6 Pack of Skins + 2  (Read 75410 times)

VX

Sarge, what about using deep dark brown instead of black in the yellow skin  ??? Maybe it would be more original this way  ???

Sarge

That's actually a great idea. I'm gonna mess with that over the weekend and see how it looks.

I did mess with trying alternating lines in the track detail, but it seems when you add horizontal lines (light color) to yellow it becomes hard to read.  But I am going to try the brown idea, thanks

Sarge

Chocolate skin has been redone, almost all areas have been re-colored, Skin file and screen shot is on page 1.

VX

Sarge, the old chocolate skin was very good, but the current one is just fantastic  8)Thank you very much  :)

You've tweaked and polished every single detail and it's really hard to find something that could be improved. Well done  :)

BTW, as You know I'm very talented in finding things to improve  ;D Well, after hours of searching I've managed to find one minor issue.
Have a look at the volume adjustment bar in Mini Player View - it seems hard to see. I'd replace grey with white to be more consistent with neighbouring buttons  :)

BTW 2, the new chocolate skin is even better than Nacho !!! And this is my default skin for now  8)

Sarge

Thanks VX for the comment and also for pointing that out to me, I've fixed it and the new download reflects the fix.

Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:58:13 PM by Sarge

Sarge

Chocolate skin update.
Fixed Tabs Close Buttons and Auto - DJ screen bars now match other areas.

new file on Page 1 reflects changes.  4-05-2011

Roadrunner

Hi Sarge

I agree with VX: The new choclate skin is even better than the old one, which was already very good! Thx for the great work!

So, because there are just small things, I would change, I write them in small letters:
One thing, I liked more in the previous skin were the small borders between the panels, they structured the three parts better. I tried to give them a chance in the new one with the following changes:
<!-- 4-->  <element id="ApplicationBackColour" bg="133,121,114" />
<!-- 78-->  <element id="Player.Background" bg="46,21,7" bg2="46,21,7" fg="220,220,220" bdr="46,21,7" />

And one thing, that maybe got lost (already in the previous version), was the windows tray player: The title's background is almost als light as the text and the buttons, I tried to mix more chocolate into it:
<!-- 37-->  <element id="Panel.ChildHeader.Default" bg="151,114,84" fg="245,245,245" bdr="46,21,7" />
<!-- 39-->  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderControl.Highlight" bg="77,174,120" fg="121,121,121" bdr="152,192,163" />
But I haven't found the element/image to change the close buttons color too, it's too tricky for me...

For me the library's background color difference between normal and alternate lines could be larger: On my screen, it's almost invisible, but that's maybe my screens fault...

Sarge

Hi Sarge

I agree with VX: The new choclate skin is even better than the old one, which was already very good! Thx for the great work!

And one thing, that maybe got lost (already in the previous version), was the windows tray player: The title's background is almost als light as the text and the buttons, I tried to mix more chocolate into it:

For me the library's background color difference between normal and alternate lines could be larger: On my screen, it's almost invisible, but that's maybe my screens fault...[/size]

Thanks Roadrunner for the feedback and comments. It helps make better skins.

I agree with you on the tray player background titles. so what I did was add a bit of yellow to the brown, using just lighter brown didn't help, so i used some yellow.

On the alternating colors in track view, I added a bit of darker, I realize that all computers might not show the same, but I took your advice.

The updated file is on Page 1, as far as the other suggestions I will play with those ideas.
Thanks again for the feedback

p.s. the close buttons are images. i went with the red (not sure why I did, but it seemed like a good idea at the time)
Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:16:00 AM by Sarge

VX

Thanks for the enhancements, Sarge  :)
It seems that there is another one issue to improve:

IMHO, the top bar is too pale (it doesn't contrast with the buttons) and there is no need to use black letters in deep brown chocolate skin  :)

Roadrunner

Hi Sarge

Thx for your thoughts and changes! The color difference is slightly better (could be even more in my opinion), but now it's dificult to see the difference between the darker line and the selected but not highlighted categories.

I agree with you on the tray player background titles. so what I did was add a bit of yellow to the brown, using just lighter brown didn't help, so i used some yellow.
Sorry, I meant the player in the windows tray from which VX made a print screen. The normal "Display in Bottom"-Player was ok for me (not sure about the yellow)...

p.s. the close buttons are images. i went with the red (not sure why I did, but it seemed like a good idea at the time)
No problem with the red color, but in the above mentioned tray player it is different and I couldn't find the place where this was defined...

Sarge

Thanks for the enhancements, Sarge  :)
It seems that there is another one issue to improve:

IMHO, the top bar is too pale (it doesn't contrast with the buttons) and there is no need to use black letters in deep brown chocolate skin  :)
I don't even know where the track info doo hicky thingy gets it's code from, but I agree and when I find out I will try and change that. Trouble is sometimes it effects another area .
Like in the Tag Manager I still have the problems with the background text, and Stevens over ride only deals with the one set of text.
Certain areas take on the colors/text color of a total different area.

Roadrunner

I don't even know where the track info doo hicky thingy gets it's code from, but I agree and when I find out I will try and change that.
As far as I can see, the heading line comes from No 37 and 39: "Panel.ChildHeader.Default" and "Panel.ChildHeaderControl.Highlight", but as I wrote earlier (including an example of a more readable title), I couldn't find the close button... Good luck!

Steven

• Administrator
sarge, i'm going to add some new elements as the current defaults dont work well with some of the skins
  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderPlayerControl.Default" fg="" />
  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderPlayerControl.Disabled" fg="" />
  <element id="Panel.ChildHeaderPlayerControl.Highlight" fg="" />

i will do this for the next update

Steven

• Administrator

Sarge

Thanks Steven, I think I fixed the immediate issue, and I will work on the others later.

But now I see from that Tray player,,if you use the Menu for Rating...it's messed up because it uses the same drop down menu stuff, which I don't want to re-arrange and change all that.
Same issue in the tag manager area.. the over ride works well on the one text, But I can't change the other text there seperetly

I cant even spell seperatly right,