Author Topic: 6 Pack of Skins + 2  (Read 75429 times)

Sarge

the borders on the beachbee and dobee look a lot better.  I would recommend 2 things with it:
- change the min/restore/close button backgrounds also so they are the same blue colour as the caption bar rather than grey
  (and same for dobee)
- a more minor thing, but i find the bottom 5 pixels on the top caption bar being a different blue makes the in-line menu look squashed

fixed menu buttons on Go Green skin and updated...other skins will have updated buttons soon.
page 1 always has update info
Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:11:25 PM by Sarge

VX

The buttons issue have been finally solved for all the skins with the latest update.  8)

Congrats, Sarge, and thank you for the skins  :)

Sarge

VX

I've been trying the new Nacho Bee skin for a while and .... it's just fantastic  8)  This is definitely the best one of the four, it looks so professional that I even forgot red is not one of my favourite colours !

Congratulations, Sarge  :)

Give us more such a great Skins, please  ;D

A couple of minor enhancements proposals (the skin is so good that I had to do my best to find them  ;)):
1. The rating stars are invisible in Mini Player View:

2. The Auto DJ the only tool that is green (unless it's intended):

3. The way that 'Details' and 'Lyrics' buttons behave are inconsistent a little in various places.
Compare:
Now Playing pane in the right in fullscreen default layout:

Now Playing from Mini Player View (press playlist icon to see it):

I would prefer it to change the colours just like the top menu commands:

I've no other suggestions for improvement I'm afraid. ;)

Sarge

I've fixed the Auto-DJ screen, that was a oversight, so thanks for finding that for me.
the new download reflects the change. (page 1)

The other issues with the star rating I have yet to solve..Although we have 3 area (elements) to edit color for star ratings, no matter what I try I can not get the star rating on the mini player to change. I've gone over it a bit with rotem but so far I can't see how -to.

It always takes on the same color as the main player. The other Tab issue..I have yet to find where to change that, and I will when I find it..it's the same as in Go Green, I want to change it, but can't find where to.

Rotem K.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4iot7keffpw3l3f

Sarge, download this, in the end of the file there are rating settings that do work, mess around with those.
In the miniplayer rating I just placed colors taken from the background of the miniplayer BG1 and BG2.

Rotem K.

regarding the skin, I do like the autumn colors.
There are things that I think could be improved:
- I said it about Orb's 'Midnight' skin, and i'll say it again, contrary to the way it's done in Windows and in Mac, the scroll bars background colors seems to be backward, the bright side is to the right and the dark side is to the left, meaning the light is coming from the right.
I don't mind if this is conscious decision, but if it's not.. It just looks 'off'. 
- When the now playing list is docked in the center, the tabs are presented on a black background, which is quite harsh.
- In an highlight row in the library the rating color and not-loved icon color aren't the same color.
- In an highlight row the color the loved icon is a bit bright, almost unnoticeable on the highlight background color.

Thanks for sharing
Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:20:40 PM by Rotem K.

Sarge

Thanks Rotem that helped me with the star ratings.

As far as the other feedback on colors etc. I'm going to make adjustments as I use the skin.
I need some of the Black..for 2 reasons. 1.is that it's on the doritos bag and 2. it tends to flatten out the Red a bit.
I'm taking you advice and will play with some alternatives.
As far as the Love Icon..to be honest I haven't even used that feature or even yet seen one. I need to turn that feature on and then I will adjust.

Sarge

Updated DoBee skin  3/12/2011  and page 1 has all the current files.

VX

I like the updated 'DoBee' look :) But I won't change 'Nacho' for anything else ... at least for now. Well done  :)

Sarge

Ha ha ha, thanks VX,,  "Ya gotta luv the nachos"

you have to be in the right frame of mind to put on the DoBee  ::)

Sarge

I posted the new "Deep Dark Chocolate with the chewy caramel center skin"

the file is on page 1

VX

Nice try, Sarge, with the Chocolate Skin.  :)

If I could suggest sth I'd like to see the background You've used with Auto DJ more often. It should be default for all tools and menus to differentiate form Asylum White, furthermore I'd like to see it in Main Panel as well.  8)

Have a look at Player Control Panel when it is located at the bottom of Main Panel
IMHO the Spectrum Visualiser and Progress bar needs more contrast.

Also:

I'm glad someone created a brown skin for MB :)

I hope all Your new and updated skins will be included with the next major MB update as IMHO skins distributed with an app needs more colour diversity to attract newcomers  :D

Sarge

Nice try, Sarge, with the Chocolate Skin.  :)

If I could suggest sth I'd like to see the background You've used with Auto DJ more often. It should be default for all tools and menus to differentiate form Asylum White, furthermore I'd like to see it in Main Panel as well.  8)

I just might do that and change the chewy caramel center the same as auto-dj , like a creamy nugget center like a milky way bar.  ;D