Author Topic: songs from playlists won't delete  (Read 2990 times)

railfan-eric28

I think I found a bug with playlists.  When copying a album to a playlist it asks me if i want to add duplicates.  I click no but when i go back the missing songs aren't there.   So then i go back and copy all of them ignoring the duplicate message and low and behold they finely show up along with the duplicates.   But can't delete the duplicates. I'm having problems where I try to delete duplicate songs out of playlists but the playlist won't let it delete.   The only way i can fix it is to make a new playlist and add the songs to the new playlist.   A duplicate playlist still has that problem btw.   It's rather frustrating.    this problem has happened on many occasions like now. 
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

here's an update.  I am noticing each time I delete songs that won't delete I am loosing songs from other albums.   This is the third time i remade the bloody playlist.   The list is sorted album artist/year/track
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

anyone else have this issue or is there a fix yet?

railfan-eric28

anyone?   It's still happening.   I tried to delete some songs and instead of deleting them it deleted songs from a different album on the playlist.   This is ridiculous.
UPDATE:   I tried sorting the playlist manually and now I can delete the songs.   There must be a bug with deleting files with the playlist sorted automatically.
using 6959 version
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:57:24 AM by railfan-eric28

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce this, so can you indicate which view you are using to display the playlist files eg. Trade Details, and how you sorted the playlist eg. click on column header or a defined sort.
A screenshot might help as well

railfan-eric28

i am not able to reproduce this, so can you indicate which view you are using to display the playlist files eg. Trade Details, and how you sorted the playlist eg. click on column header or a defined sort.
A screenshot might help as well

Ok I took some screenshots but i can't figure out how to attach them to this post.  The image button wants a url and won't let me upload my screenshots.

boroda

Ok I took some screenshots but i can't figure out how to attach them to this post.  The image button wants a url and won't let me upload my screenshots.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0

railfan-eric28

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0

thanks.   I guess I have to do it the long way around then.   Most forums takes photos directly.   

sveakul

Ok I took some screenshots but i can't figure out how to attach them to this post.  The image button wants a url and won't let me upload my screenshots.

Here is the method I found simplest for me from the thread boroda linked you to: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.msg153348#msg153348

Some forums do allow direct attachments but our forum provides the most consistent and patient help  ;)
Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:10:24 AM by sveakul

Steven

• Administrator
it does look like there is an issue when using the compact grid layout. For now make sure you are using manual sorting and i will either disable the functionality when sorted in that view or figure out a fix

railfan-eric28

it does look like there is an issue when using the compact grid layout. For now make sure you are using manual sorting and i will either disable the functionality when sorted in that view or figure out a fix

Thanks.   I'm glad you found the bug or what I having problems with.   btw what do you mean "compact grid layout"?  I'm not seeing that in the playlist settings where I click "album and tracks".