Author Topic: Problem with CISCO AMP antivirus  (Read 1447 times)

davzan67

Hi,
Congratulations for the application, wonderful!
Since my company IT installed CISCO AMP antivirus few days ago, I am no longer able to play music - I can organize music, but when I try to play I get this message:

MusicBee v3.2.6902.17698 (Win10.0), 29 gen 2019 19:54:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zi7xJCXQ0NmyP8RfRljy01Z0=.#=zKyk2FhJXR5I$IDuLwA==()
   at #=zTSR4BNqrv0xLQt_ntrQ85O4=.#=zo3_bn1tQtiO6(#=zzD1H4QrXfBG4PzF6BZbqyxCtds$iOI1pZg== #=zmEDB8as=)
   at #=zTSR4BNqrv0xLQt_ntrQ85O4=.#=zSNs_C86n5UaimLZTFUHdUwc=(Object #=zFjSZFLA=, EventArgs #=zoEdYJTk=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDownInternal()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDown(Boolean mousePush)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnMouseButtonStateChange(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean isMouseDown)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I tried to re-install MusicBee, both the the store and the normal windows versions, in both cases I get this message from Cisco AMP:

"bass.dll has been detected as W32.81A0BF6F64-97.SBX.VIOC. Quarantine was successful."

Anything you can do to avoid this trap?

Thanks
Davide

Steven

• Administrator

davzan67

That’s clear, but isn’t there anything you can do to avoid your dll be seen as a threat?
Otherwise the only other option I have is to try to convince Cisco that it is not a threat - it is not, right?
Thx

Steven

• Administrator
your security software might have a whitelisting feature. If not, often the vendors will have a link you can send the file to so they can validate it

sveakul

That’s clear, but isn’t there anything you can do to avoid your dll be seen as a threat?
Otherwise the only other option I have is to try to convince Cisco that it is not a threat - it is not, right?
Thx

If it doesn't have a whitelist feature, you should mention to Cisco that bass.dll (http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html) is an audio library in use by several major audio/multimedia players around the world, not just MusicBee.