Author Topic: Move Music Library (all tracks) and MB's Files, From HDD to External SSD  (Read 4246 times)

wberesford

I have been researching the best way to move my entire music library (all of my tracks), and MusicBee's library files etc, from my internal drive to an external SSD.

Users have reported different ways of doing this. Unfortunately, this has confused me. I would be grateful if someone could advise me on the cleanest way to perform this move.

Thanks in advance.

frankz

For the library:
Edit->Edit Preferences->Library->Move Library

For the music files:
Select all files
Right Click->Send To->Folder (Move)->Move Files to Organized Folder

To Folder = Your new base music folder
Template = Whatever you want.  

If you're not sure whether all of your files have the relevant tags, uncheck "Do not reorganize files with missing naming tags"

If you have artwork, etc in folders, make sure "also move remaining non-media files" is checked.

==OR==

If all of your music is 100% under a music folder (it's not scattered around in different places) AND you want to keep it as it's currently organized...

Move the entire music folder from the old drive to the new drive as-is, then use File->Library->Relink Music File Paths to remap the old location to the new location (eg C:\Music to D:\Music)

Should be a pretty clean process.
Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:31:45 PM by frankz

wberesford

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. I have successfully moved all of my tracks and MB files to my external drive  8)