Author Topic: Right Click Search = Always "Show Panel" on Right Sidebar  (Read 1109 times)

frankz

I don't know if this is a bug or intended, so I'm posting as a question.

My "Music" tab (library) is set to "Hide Panel (auto-open)" the right sidebar.  This is "Tracks" view.

From "Now Playing" right click -> Search -> Find '' (any option here).

The resulting tab is always set to "Show Panel"  when I'd expect it to be the same as the default Tracks view (Hide Panel (Auto-Open)).

This is not the case when I initiate a search from the "Music" tab or the "Playlists" tab.  Just from the "Now Playing" tab.  

I think this is because my "Now Playing" is set to show the right sidebar.  But I'd expect search results to respect the library view settings, not the Now Playing settings, regardless of where the search was initiated.  Search results are much more a library activity.  The Now Playing view setting seems like it should be specific to that activity alone.  The tab says it's set to "Default Layout," but this is not the default.
Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:43:10 AM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
But I'd expect search results to respect the library view settings, not the Now Playing settings, regardless of where the search was initiated.  Search results are much more a library activity.  The Now Playing view setting seems like it should be specific to that activity alone.  The tab says it's set to "Default Layout," but this is not the default.
Each tab maintains its own state (including Now Playing) and the current tab state is used when opening a new tab. However to confuse things, when using the "Playing Tracks" view in the Now Playing tab, the right sidebar is fudged and not consistent with the behaviour of other views (I dont think this matters in any case for you as you said it was visible anyway)