Author Topic: Sound is distorted  (Read 4929 times)

stardepp

I updated today on MusicBee 3.3.6934 and since then my sound has been disturbed. If I listen to a title, it is overlaid by the same title for 30 seconds. So I hear the current title and this is disturbed by a dissolve of the same title, that sounds crazy.

I disabled the equalizer and also changed the sound output of the direct sound in Wasapi, but that did not fix the bug.

What can I do to eliminate this problem?

Steven

• Administrator

stardepp

I just disconnected my Bluetooth headphones from Windows and reconnected them and now the music is back to normal and of very good quality.

If the error should reappear, I'll contact you again.

zkhcohen

I've had the same issue on Windows with Bluetooth headphones. It affected MusicBee and Spotify at different times.

The issues were resolved through a Windows Update of the Bluetooth stack.

I don't think this issue has to do with MusicBee itself.

stardepp

sveakul

Even if I play the music through speakers, the music is output incorrectly.

By "incorrectly", do you mean the same thing you described in your initial post when you had the headphone issue which went away(?)?  How are your speakers connected to your PC?  Have you tried updating your audio drivers from the device manufacturer?  I am using 3.3.6934 and don't have the issue (Windows7SP1, WASAPI-Exclusive).

stardepp

Yes, I mean the same problem as my first post. I meant the built-in speakers in my notebook. I use Windows 10 Pro 1809, MusicBee 3.3.6934
Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:15:09 PM by stardepp

sveakul

Have you tried updating the audio drivers from the device manufacturer (not Windows Update)?

stardepp

Yes, but I've checked all audio drivers for updates over the Windows Device Manager. All drivers were up to date.

sveakul

OK, but I assume WDM only checks if the version matched the latest Microsoft-pushed driver.  Go to the website of the sound card (or board/laptop) manufacturer and see what is the latest offered there for Windows 10, and if an uninstall/reinstall using those drivers fixes the issue.  If there is no problem using the headphones, I don't know how MusicBee could be the reason.

Jorus_E

After some playbacks MB start in "double" mode. I hear 2 file's/songs from the same record/directory.

Only way to stop that is stop and restart MB.

It occurs with the last update 3.3.6932

Windows 8.1
_|°~

stardepp

My notebook is from the year 2012 and therefore there are no new drivers anymore (the most recent driver on the manufacturer side is from 2014).

But I tried something else:

I downloaded MusicBee from the Windows 10 Store and heard about 2 hours of music today and I could not detect any sound distortion with this version of MusicBee.

Steven

• Administrator
can both of you send me a link to your settings file from v3.3 (help/ support/ view settings)

After some playbacks MB start in "double" mode. I hear 2 file's/songs from the same record/directory.
is this when you first start a song eg. using double click, or after some time when a new song starts automatically? Is it the same song that is playing twice or the previous song and current song mxed together.