Author Topic: Out of Memory errors  (Read 2515 times)

JosSli

I consistently receive errors similar to this one in MusicBee. It occurs randomly when I select an album and the only way to clear it is to restart MusicBee. I know this particular error has been discussed often but I have yet to see a definitive solution for the problem. If anyone has any new or proven solutions I would be very interested to try anything new.

Complete error:
MusicBee v3.3.6904.36051 (Win10.0), 23 Dec 2018 11:23:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle destRect, Rectangle srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit)
   at #=zDLKaPvVtNq3QprPC8G_4LgE=.#=zbYISWHy9kjoIzCyPcETXEo4=.#=zAkJlyAI=(Graphics #=zjwdgKq0=, Rectangle #=zoxTrfVLYJx89, Rectangle #=zcXvQjqZcAJ$j)
   at #=zOCQrhwpN733DgVqGh8GbER7bvbVa.#=zPX39CTYDXb_vsRmTrA==(#=zbYISWHy9kjoIzCyPcETXEo4= #=zeK$UTAs2Mhwy, Rectangle #=zt2arn5I=, AnchorStyles #=zIQNy8Uo=, Boolean #=z67up78knsiS3, Color #=z_TcbmsM=, #=zNsifoBWMTb4EMaXZxSQLFB8= #=zRXfuhFfO$b28BxoMSQ==)
   at #=z8dTMsbt4RtMmKnrvVLawagN156vc.#=zgbayNBKx_bDQijeqfw==.#=zoh7hTpiYRh46nRRD6aRaF2Y=.#=zs89TXGEqXH_DYsyqCw==.#=zoqb_Fac=(#=zbYISWHy9kjoIzCyPcETXEo4= #=zeK$UTAs2Mhwy)
   at #=z8dTMsbt4RtMmKnrvVLawagN156vc.#=zgbayNBKx_bDQijeqfw==.#=zoh7hTpiYRh46nRRD6aRaF2Y=.#=zs89TXGEqXH_DYsyqCw==.#=zIpivYTVNHVAY(Boolean #=zYefXzBfAia_U, Boolean #=zPVLEXz7og7glLR0AEg==, Boolean #=zUpznnvrlEldJOUYWZw==)
   at #=z8dTMsbt4RtMmKnrvVLawagN156vc.#=zgbayNBKx_bDQijeqfw==.#=zoh7hTpiYRh46nRRD6aRaF2Y=.#=zyhIcNl$cQZ1j(Int32 #=zIcCuAfQ=, Boolean #=z_H37_mpjrsw0, #=zTRSIcuo= #=zO1IaWzMlPVmH, Boolean #=za4t58oMnRH$e)
   at #=z8dTMsbt4RtMmKnrvVLawagN156vc.#=zgbayNBKx_bDQijeqfw==.#=zoh7hTpiYRh46nRRD6aRaF2Y=.#=zcQh_AkFTrTeIaCiEwA==(Point #=zdqqcwrE=)
   at #=z8dTMsbt4RtMmKnrvVLawagN156vc.#=zgbayNBKx_bDQijeqfw==.#=zoh7hTpiYRh46nRRD6aRaF2Y=.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=zS9VYR_E=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zKWFYJVl9yTcoCAnvwytOlw4=.WndProc(Message& #=z4kL57cw=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
The only definitely known out of memory cause using the UPnP plugin, so disable that plugin if you are using it. There is no point repeatedly posting about this issue

JosSli

I am not using the plugin you mention, I don't even know what it would be used for. So If that's the only "definitely know" cause what are some of the other possible causes? If possible please point me to some of the other posts about this issue so that I can try some of the other solutions.

sveakul

Searching the forum for "out of memory" will give you the sources you ask for.  From memory (pardon the pun),  I seem to recall that corrupted artwork and having a super-sized library full of tags were two of the issues that can invoke this.

Steven

• Administrator
For the reported error log, its entirely possible the out of memory error is misleading and its actually a corrupted picture for the album.

I had already made a couple of changes that might improve memory management in some cases:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Is the album artwork usually embedded in the music file or in the folder as a file?
What are the things you typically do with musicbee? eg. do you use the auto-tag functionality, edit tags, volume analysis etc.
Also a screenshot of your layout might help
Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:34:00 PM by Steven

JosSli

Steven,
Thanks for the additional help and suggestions. I have applied the patch and will be testing it out today. I will let you know the results.

I typically embed the album artwork in the music file as well as retain the file in the folder. I do all my tagging outside of MusicBee, I use TagScanner as my tagging application. There are times when I have used the tagging functionality within MB but those times are few and far between. Other than that I don't do anything special.

I am including a screenshot.

Once again thank you Steven.

Steven

• Administrator
if the issue still happens then temporarily try removing the artists panel; change the main panel view to track detail; and lastly use the musicbee default skin to see if any one of those make any difference
Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 09:48:09 PM by Steven

JosSli

Thanks Steven, I will give all your suggestions a try, if necessary.

Steven

• Administrator
I have a strong suspicion its the artist pictures panel.

Do you play a lot of different artists (eg. play on shuffle or auto dj) and does the error ever happen when MusicBee has only been used for a short period?
Also are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit machine?

JosSli

I don't use shuffle or auto dj. Typically I pick an album that I want to hear in a specific genre. I pretty much do everything manually when it comes to playing music. It usually happens when I switch albums in the Main Panel. Currently I have been updating and standardizing tags using TagScanner. After I do that I will scan the files in the genre I am working in to make sure that everything is as I expect. I have found it happens most often when I am selecting a specific album in the Main Panel. It will be one specific album that generates the error. If I select the album after it, or before it, I do not receive the error. If I restart MusicBee the album that generated the error will not throw out the error if I select it.

I hope this information helps clarify.

Steven

• Administrator
i have updated the handling in the artist pictures panel which i think is the most likely cause.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

JosSli

Steven,
I want to give you a quick update. Since installing the two updates you provided to me I have not experienced the "Out of Memory" errors. I will continue using MusicBee and see if the error returns.

One question I have; when new updates are available will these new updates incorporate the fixes you provided to me? I certainly don't want to introduce any changes that may reintroduce the error.

Thank you for all you're help. I hope that the fix continues to function for me and that the fixes you provided will be of benefit to other MusicBee users.

phred

• Global Moderator
One question I have; when new updates are available will these new updates incorporate the fixes you provided to me? I certainly don't want to introduce any changes that may reintroduce the error.
Every patch has all previous patches. Every new release or update has all previous patches and updates. Unless a particular function has been intentionally removed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here