Author Topic: File Organizer - anyway to show details for existing files?  (Read 723 times)

SandBird

Hello,

I've been testing MB for quite a while now and so far this is the BEST program ever, almost everything I can think about is there - THANK YOU!

I think the File Organizer conditional presets are amazing!

I was wondering if someone know how can I show details of already existing files?

To clarify, I am going through my folders  to organize folders that I might have double ripped throughout the years.

If I already "Organized" the files and try to organize the same rip but from a different folder I get a file rename preview with suffix _1 - which indicates I already have it and should delete it OR keep it and the way I can determine that is by knowing the bitrate, length file size etc.

Is there anyway I can add columns to the File Organiser preview pane so I can actually see the aforementioned details?
If I have a 320 album organized and at one point I ripped a 192 obviously I would like to keep the 320 etc.

I admit, I might be lazy but it would be great if there is a way to just see the differences upfront without the need to close the organizer, go to the folders and check the rates (which will not keep the preset, in case I edited or created a new one).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can't do it with the file organizer, but there is a Duplicate Manager in the Tools menu that should help you sort them out.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SandBird

Thanks for the reply!  :)

I was so hopeful but it seems that I need to add the secondary folder to the Library in order to check them - unless I am doing something wrong.

It would be great if it was integrated within the "File Organiser".

Is there a place one can recommend a feature?

Thanks again!

frankz

I regularly replace files from long ago that have lesser bitrates, etc.

The key is adding new files to the Inbox.  Then, in the Inbox, right click and search by artist or album or whatever suits the situation.  This will show all the files that match from both the library and the inbox, then you can decide which you want to keep.  Then you organize. 

SandBird

Thank for your input frankz  :)

I guess I am old fashioned - folder based organization, not relying on the Library and Inbox features.

I'll have to look into those features and decide if to adopt them or just do what I did so far.

Thanks again!