Author Topic: Wavebar progress out of sync  (Read 7022 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
As a test, I converted the file to FLAC and I agree - it's spot on. I also tested the original track (which I sent you) and it's much better - especially near the end of the track.

As a further test, which I will do later today or tomorrow, I will test tracks with smaller MP3 files and report back.

Can you confirm that it's a waste of time and disk space to convert a lossy format to a lossless format, especially for a relatively minor,
mostly visual problem?

Thanks for looking into this and for the explanation as to what is going on.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Actually i think the last patch version should completely solve the issue. See how you get on

phred

• Global Moderator
Actually i think the last patch version should completely solve the issue. See how you get on
Played some long tracks and played some short tracks. I feel the result is pretty consistent no matter what the length. While it's not spot on as it is/was with FLAC files, the MP3s are off by what I'd guess is less than a second. Which is certainly acceptable as compared with what was happening before you looked into it.

Thanks. And hope you have a happy, healthy, and successful 2019.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven...

I hate to bring up an issue from last year that I though was resolved, but on MP3 tracks that I don't consider all that large, I'm seeing a 2-3 second lag between the wavebar current position and the actual sound. I've noticed this over the past 3-4 builds, but I can't imagine you did anything to change it. Currently on 3.3.6952.

If it turns out it's the best it can be, I'll have to live with it, but if some more tweaking can be done, that'd be great.

I'm going to PM a link to a track that, at least to me, it's quite apparent.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Where in that track are you finding a 2-3 second lag? And are you using the seek bar at all, or letting play reach the position normally?

For me, a couple of places seem to have a 0.5 second lag but i cant find any large lags

phred

• Global Moderator
There's a 2+ second lag at the following points:
0:03
0:12
1:24
2:52

It seems obvious to me. Look at the peaks on the wavebar. I'll look for a track that had a greater lag when I was listening last night.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
the 0:03 point is a good one to focus on.
I will compare the graph to audacity to make sure its in agreement the blip is at 0:03
I guess you are saying you actually hear the sound when the progress bar says 0:05?
for the record i hear it and see the progress bar at 0:03

Also could you confirm you have no DSPs active and the same behaviour when WASAPI (exclusive) is used?
Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:26:45 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
the 0:03 point is a good one to focus on.
I will compare the graph to audacity to make sure its in agreement the blip is at 0:03
I guess you are saying you actually hear the sound when the progress bar says 0:05?
for the record i hear it and see the progress bar at 0:03
Not quite. I -hear- it at :03 but the vertical progress indicator reaches that point when the sound is at :05. The 'indicator' is running ahead of the sound.

Also could you confirm you have no DSPs active and the same behaviour when WASAPI (exclusive) is used?
I did have the Stereo Enhancer" enabled, but I see the same issue with it disabled.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
I compared the graph with audacity and its the same graph. The exact position in audacity is 3.75 seconds.
There is some rounding involved with the position of the MB graph bars depending on the overall width of the progress bar, and also MB rounds the displayed progress position up, so there is some scope for discrepencies due to rounding.
Having said that, I hear the blip at 3-4 seconds and see the same on the progress bar. I think I will need to leave it unsolved for you

phred

• Global Moderator
Having said that, I hear the blip at 3-4 seconds and see the same on the progress bar. I think I will need to leave it unsolved for you
Ok - thanks for taking the time to look at it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

railfan-eric28

I hope this is the right thread.   I am listening to my bird sounds on musicbee, mp3 some 10-30secs long.   the chirps from the birds don't match up to the waveforms as it progresses.     Also with the shorter files using crossfade the last 5 seconds is clipped off of a 12 sec or so file.   I have the same problem with poweramp.   I guess the crossfade doesn't' adjust for the shorter files. 
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven-

Would you be willing to take another look at this in the near future? I can PM you the link to two tracks (one short @ 44 seconds, and another average length @ 3:11.

This issue is so readily apparent to me that I'm almost ready to abandon the wavebar. Which I really don't want to do.

Thanks

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

@Steven-

Would you be willing to take another look at this in the near future? I can PM you the link to two tracks (one short @ 44 seconds, and another average length @ 3:11.

This issue is so readily apparent to me that I'm almost ready to abandon the wavebar. Which I really don't want to do.

Thanks

Just curious and offering, if it helps, send me a link to the files and I can let you know what I experience with my setup/hardware?

projeKct

Yes, and I may add: what is the difference between foobar2000 decoder and musicbee decoder? Because in foobar2000, the wavebar is always accurate.

(But I prefer musicbee, so I would like to have best of both worlds...)

phred

• Global Moderator
Just curious and offering, if it helps, send me a link to the files and I can let you know what I experience with my setup/hardware?
I'll accept your offer with thanks.
PM sent.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki