Author Topic: Constant crashes  (Read 2145 times)

Pewe

Just trying out MB for the first time, and I really like it! It was working perfectly for a couple of days, but now it keeps crashing as soon as I try to change a view (from any view to any other view). The left, main and right panels gets a white background with a red cross over it. The program does not freeze, but I am unable to get the screens back unless i close and restart the program.  I can still navigate the menus and change to the mini or compact player, but not back to the main player window. The text in swedish (on the first line) in the error log below says something like "The reference to an object have not been set to an instance of an object."

I have whitelisted MB in Norton antivirus. It's installed with the installer from the web site, ver 3.2.6902. Win 10 Home, ver 1809 (OS-ver 17763.194), updated just before the crashes began... HP Pavillion g7 Notebook, Intel i3 CPU, M380 @ 2.53 GHz, 4 GB ram, 64-bit system. Appreciate som help!

MusicBee v3.2.6902.32258 (Win10.0), 16 dec 2018 15:09:

System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
   vid #=zrVyZgOwirUmGsfstBRgOFHU=.#=z6TzlnFV5MG90.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   vid #=z0KGrQD$YN3hLkcnko9hoQp0=.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid #=zrVyZgOwirUmGsfstBRgOFHU=.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid #=zZLRmOkQu$yPbSnrsB9R6GEr9WMp16jhxF6X_tUU=.#=z7tE9wGRaG6f6BEyZohsk0QQ=.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   vid #=z0KGrQD$YN3hLkcnko9hoQp0=.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid #=zXTJghBBGLdyXRM331OU_oXrm10RL2onxeQ==.Dispose(Boolean #=zgA1mcvM=)
   vid #=z0KGrQD$YN3hLkcnko9hoQp0=.#=zuEOZhQM=()
   vid #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq.#=zlOIA$sJ1euDx(Boolean #=zYolYhVVCutZ3)
   vid #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq.#=zNrDH2$gXg7rk.#=zqAGIZJpYHu0v(Int32 #=z6qRz1eQ=, Boolean #=zYolYhVVCutZ3)
   vid #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq.#=zNrDH2$gXg7rk.#=z0MPJOSmbZdKW(MouseEventArgs #=z$KSsGfQ=)
   vid #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=z$KSsGfQ=)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid #=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=.WndProc(Message& #=z69xdAPc=)
   vid #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq.WndProc(Message& #=z69xdAPc=)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Havokdan

For me too, only the last time I decided to copy the error message to bring here:

Code
MusicBee v3.3.6903.27978 (Win10.0), 18 dez 2018 6:02:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exceção do tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException' foi acionada.
   em System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   em System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalGetSatelliteAssembly(String name, CultureInfo culture, Version version, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   em System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetSatelliteAssembly(CultureInfo lookForCulture, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   em System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   em System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   em System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
   em System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
   em System.SR.GetString(String name)
   em System.Net.HttpWebRequest.AbortWrapper(Object context)
   em System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   em System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   em System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Pewe

I think I can answer myself... It seems to have been a skin issue. I changed from a skin named "Eleven" to another skin and the crashes stopped. I still can't use any visualizer though, and MB also crashes when the screen saver starts...

phred

• Global Moderator
MusicBee v3.2.6902.32258 (Win10.0), 16 dec 2018 15:09:
Try updating to the latest 3.3 patch (See my sig.)

It's possible the skins you're trying to use that are causing problems are skins designed for 3.3.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pewe