Author Topic: Laptop crash  (Read 618 times)

mrbannystar

Hello, I've been using Musicbee for a few years now and never had any problems. But since I bought a new laptop a few months ago, I've been getting hard drive crashes when using it. I often have short songs on repeat in the background when I'm doing other things, and the whole system crashes (with mini lines on the screen) and then resets itself.

This has only happened when using Musicbee and I've tested out other music players and haven't yet encountered the same issue. I don't particularly want to change my music player as I'm so used to this layout, but is there a chance that there are some compatibility issues or is it just down to the HDD? I have 2 separate HDDs, one HDD and SSD, music was stored on the SSD but I moved it to the HDD after the problem occurred the first few times.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

sveakul

First, be sure that you have the MusicBee folder and its subfolders white-listed in any and every antivirus application you may be running.  Avast in particular is a b***h in this regard.

What type (installer, portable, "Windows Store")  and version (3.3.6911+ is latest) of MusicBee are you running?

mrbannystar

I don't use any anti-virus software for my laptop, and I'm using version 3.2.6827. I'll try updating and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.