Author Topic: Can't read a wav file  (Read 3298 times)

Laurent

I have some wav files than MusicBee can't read at all (just high-pitched white noise), but PotPlayer can perfectly (actual music).
Any clue why this happen ?
Is there any limitation to wav format playback in MusicBee ?

I can send file by WeTransfer if you want to have a look on it.

sveakul

How do the wav's that don't play differ from those that do?  Do they have a different sample rate or bit depth?  What were they sourced from?  What MusicBee settings are you using as far as ouput, resampling, etc?  Do you have any DSP plugins installed that may be interfering (try without them and see)?

Laurent

It's 6-channels 1411kb/s ripped from CD.

I firgured out that other wav that plays ok on MusicBee can also be at 1411kb/s, but non are 6-channels.

Could 6 the channel be a limitation of MusicBee for wav ?

sveakul

Instead of sending it, can you post one of the files to an upload site of some kind (tinyupload, One Drive, etc.?  That way it's available for one of the experts here (of which I am not) to take a look at it.

sveakul

Thanks for uploading the file.

It's a DTS audio file with a WAV wrapper.  MusicBee currently does not support native DTS due to BASS limitation.  Do a forum search for "DTS" and you can find a lot of related discussion.  Steven mentioned that since MB supports Winamp plugins, if you have an input plugin for that player that supports DTS it may work in MB.  There was also some talk about using ffmpeg to convert it to FLAC.  I'll bow out at this point since I neither play nor have any special knowledge of DTS files.  I know that Foobar needs a special plugin to play them and that's not even a BASS player.  I'm sure someone here will take over the response.  Good luck with it!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Steven has been working on adding DTS support but as it hasn't happened yet, I can only think that it's not a trivial task to do so.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Laurent

Thanks for uploading the file.

It's a DTS audio file with a WAV wrapper.

It explains! Thank you very much!

I have very few of these files. I'll convert them to mp3 with another utility.

It least, I understand why they didn't work. ;-)