Author Topic: musicbee album layout query  (Read 3542 times)

green_scarf

is there a way to set the musicbee layout similar to what the layout is in Google Play Music ?

as in a way to just see one album and its tracks at a single time instead of seeing all of an artist's albums at the same time like my current setup is now ?

would appreciate any help on this

redwing

You could use column/thumbnail browser to filter to each album in the main panel.

green_scarf

could you tell me the steps to do something like that? sorry i only installed mb the other day

redwing

Sure. Click on "Configure Layout" button next to the search box, show either column or thumbnail browser and select album as filtering field.

green_scarf

https://i.imgur.com/zWAZdZO.jpg

okay this is looking better...

is there anyway now to sort the albums in the left pane chronologically, by year?

redwing

You can create a virtual tag and choose that tag instead of album.

Go to preferences> Tags (1)> define new tags

and add something like the following to the formula with a custom label:

Code
<Album Artist> <Year (yyyy)> <Album>
Note that thumbnail browser won't show images for virtual tags so use no thumbs option or use column browser instead.

green_scarf

so when trying to add a column browser i am only allowed to chose to place it in the main panel and not the right panel or the left panel...

is this something that is changeable? - i would like to add the column browser to the left panel

redwing

If you choose vertical layout, it's placed in the left side of the main panel.

green_scarf

it seems like that is not working out as i can't see any of the thumbnails with the column browser...

but i can see thumbnails with the thumbnail browser (even when using virtual tags)... so this is promising

is there a way to set up a virtual tag that will sort the albums chronologically without changing the appearance of the album title

this current way is a bit crude - hopefully there is a formula out there that will make this work (?)

redwing

Open tag editor and go to sorting tab, and edit sort album value to "year album name" format for all albums.
Then if you choose album for filtering field, it will sort by year.

green_scarf

sorry i dont follow your instructions - i dont know where the tag editor is - is the sorting tab the 'sorting/grouping' section of the Preferences page ?

redwing

Use the wiki site for basic information about MB. To open the tag editor, select files> right click> Edit.

green_scarf

redwing

Did you adjust your album grouping setting in the preferences?