Author Topic: Way to reorganize my genre tags in my library  (Read 712 times)

exm

Hi everybody!

First, I must say I really liked musicbee, it's just an awesome piece of software!ยด

Now, to may issue: I would like to reorganize the genres in my library. I want to use several genres for each album. The tag inspector allows me to remove or rename unwanted genre tags for many files at once - perfect. But my Library grew over more than a decade, it isn't all the same tag or file format, which hinders me of using it effectively. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to group or sort my files according to tag format, which would allow me to work on the formats separately. Is there a way to resolve this? or is there another tool to manage genre tags swiftly?

cheers!

redwing

Not sure what you mean, but try adding "Genres" column instead to the main panel and sort by it to see if that helps.

exm

The problem with this approach is, that when I have multiple genres I can only remove or edit the entire genre tag of all the tracks that have the genre, but I can not pick out a single genre. For example I could have:

The Tag "Trip-Hop\\Pop\\Electronica\\Texas" in one Album and "Country\\Texas" in another, and I wanted to remove the "Texas" tag because after all this isn't a kind of music, I can not do so, unless I remove all the other genre tags as well, or if I retag the albums individually, which can become quite a chore if it's more than two albums I'm talking about. On the other hand, using the tag inspector might work, but this is dependent on the tag format and musicbee apparently does not help me to sort my files in this regard so it's a guessing game.

redwing

See this thread too: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27315.0

If you really want to use tag inspector for files in different format, you can bulk copy tags to a set of dummy mp3 files, edit tags using tag inspector, and then copy tags back.

exm