Author Topic: Dark Theme/Skin/Setting & Custom Background  (Read 11928 times)

larsonDigital

Hello everybody,

(1) Can anybody point me to a setting or skin to give the default MusicBee interface a "dark theme?"  I don't want to change the way MusicBee works (interface), just give it a dark theme.

(2) Also, does changing the custom background (Music Explorer panel right-click) change the background for the entire program, that tab, or just that artist?

Thanks,
James

sveakul

There's a large amount of amazing dark skins out there, but I keep coming back to an oldie-but-goodie, "Maya Blue" from the "Dark-Fine Tuned" group of stock MusicBee skins.  Nice and BLACK with beautiful blue and white highlighting.  I could post a bunch of screenshots (had to stop myself, haha!) but best to try it out yourself!

larsonDigital

Thanks sveakul!

I actually didn't realize that the entire collection of skins was installed with the program.  I thought you had to download each one that you wanted from the website.  Very cool!

Do you know, does changing the custom background (Music Explorer panel right-click) change the background for the entire program, that tab, or just that artist?

Thanks,
James

sveakul

No prob!  But be aware that there are also lots of skins you can try outside of the ones bundled with the MusicBee installation;  check out the forum's skins board here:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0

As far as background images I have only messed with Preferences/Layout (1)/background/use custom background image, and that does display the image across all my own panels as shown below.   However, I prefer the default solid black background of the skin, as using a custom image may then require other changes in font color and size to make them readable, as the hardly legible upload example clearly shows.

Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:07:46 AM by sveakul

larsonDigital

Good point.  Thanks sveakul!  I see what you mean.  Thanks for showing me.  If you do select a custom background, how do you switch it back?

Thanks,
James

sveakul

Preferences/Layout (1)/background/use custom background image <--uncheck  ;)   A restart is then required.

larsonDigital

This is unrelated, but I just noticed when editing Hotkeys in Preferences, does the Delete button just unassign what you have for that command?  It doesn't delete the command itself does it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, there's no way to delete commands from the list.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

larsonDigital

Okay, good.  Didn't want to press without knowing.   :)   Thanks psychoadept!