Author Topic: Why is newly imported album split into two entries?  (Read 1847 times)

LateJunction

• Oh, how complex is the human mind.
Running Win 10 with Version 3.2.6902 of MB.

My experience of MB amounts to about 3 hours, so there are some things that confuse me (in truth, everything in life confuses me, but let's ignore that):

MB has successfully scanned and 'catalogues' my music libray f about 2K 'songs', previosuly managed by iTunes, with a few omissions. For example I have a piece of music organised in my music library under this Windows file structure:

<drive><library name><Genre><Composer><Composition><Performer><movement>

At the audio file level (= movement in the above structure) I have checked that the tagging is as complete as possible, using the application 'mp3tag'. It all seems to be logical, but when I add the files to MB (by selecting the 4 movement audio files in Windows explorer) and view the albums in my music collection, the result is that 2 movements are displayed under a 'blank' cover photo, while the other 2 are displayed under the cover photo which MP3TAG says has been applied to all 4 audio files. I do have a screen-shot to show this -if I knew how to attach it to this post...

Why am I getting this reult?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I suggest you start here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_are_tracks_from_the_same_album_shown_separately_in_my_library.3F

If you're not able to resolve the problem with those steps, let us know. To post a screenshot you need to put it on another site and use an img tag, or just give us the link.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LateJunction

Thank you - that has been a most instructive FAQ item, which has helped me fix the problem in my original post, plus a number of others on the way. I apologise for not finding this item in the FAQs; it seems that my search arguments were not well chosen.

Thank you also for the tip on how to post images - I shall have to learn how to find, chose and enroll in one of these thrid party services.

sveakul

Thank you also for the tip on how to post images - I shall have to learn how to find, chose and enroll in one of these thrid party services.

This one is easy and no "enrolling":

1.  Take a screenshot of what you want others to see;  you can use the built-in Windows "Snipping Tool", Irfanview's Options/Capture Screenshot, or a zillion other apps.

2.  Go to https://imgur.com/upload

3.  Browse to or drag image, upload

4.  When image appears on the site, you can either:

a)  Right-click it and choose "Copy link location" (dialog from Firefox context menu, your browser may differ);  this will give a link to the image file itself (ends in for example *.jpg).  You can then use the MusicBee forum's "Insert Image" dialog button and insert the link, which will embed the image itself in the post.

b)  Or, click on the Imgur "Copy" button they provide there, which will produce a no-extension link you can insert into a post using the "Insert Hyperlink" button.  This provides a LINK to the image in your post instead of embedding it as in a), which is preferable if you want to use a huge image that otherwise would take up too much real estate in the forum, which can be annoying.

Be sure you check your post first using "Preview" to be sure it's what you want before hitting "Post" (note the difference between using "Insert Image" and "Insert HyperLink").

Other sites/methods abound, but as I said, this is the one that works easiest for me.
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:18:31 AM by sveakul

LateJunction

This one is easy and no "enrolling":

1.  Go to https://imgur.com/upload

<snip>

Other sites/methods abound, but as I said, this is the one that works easiest for me.

A spendid reply, thankyou. This has saved me a considerable amount of faffing around. I have no doubt that I will learn the essential  difference between posting an image and posting a hyper-link the hard way!