Author Topic: "Use 32 bit Output" setting not staying checked after clicking save  (Read 2096 times)

Knightmare

I'm trying to check this setting because I feel like I'm noticing some skipping/stuttering in songs, but when I check this option and go back into the settings, it is not checked. Is this an issue with Musicbee or with Windows? I recently updated to Windows 10 1809 and had to reinstall some of my sound drivers.

KangNi

+1

I've experienced the exact same issue here.

MB V3.3.6982

Could anyone please provide some information if this setting is limited to specific output/sound devices ?
Furthermore, are there are somewhere information about when it makes sense to enable this option and how exactly it works ?

Thank You in advance.
Greetings

Steven

• Administrator
Its fixed for the next v3.3 update. The 32 bit setting only applies to DirectSound which is an outdated API that dont need to use in most cases ie. use WASAPI (Shared) - 32 bit output is always used for WASAPI

KangNi

Thank You Steven for the fix and explanation.

Regarding DirecSounds outdated API, I use a quad speaker setup in combination with a 1st gen. Creative X-Fi soundcard, whith hardware acellerated multichannel surround audio capabilities. Especialy for Stereo music I use a setting called "Stereo Expand" which up-mixes to 4 and more channel audio, which sounds quite impressive.

Regarding WASAPI, unfortunately DirectSound and DirectMusic hardware interfaces to sound card drivers are obviously not implemented for that, at least on Windows 8. Which means, people with a hardware setup like me are dependet on DirectSound somehow, to being able make full use of their soundcard functionalities.

So far I understood it, if there occur no problems with 32 bit output, it should be used because it potentially can improve the audio output quality, right?

With kind regards.