Author Topic: "Next" hotckey plays next song in album instead of next song in playlist  (Read 1351 times)

Gurk

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that since some update (I don't remember which one, sorry), when I'm playing a Playlist, my "Next" hotkey chooses a new track from the album that track is from instead of the next track in that particular playlist.

Before trying to remove or reinstall everything, I would like to ask here if anyone had this situation or if maybe is something in the Preferences that may be doing this, or... if that's the supposed behavior...

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: I think I must add that pressing Next in Music Bee has the same behavior.

Thank you very much.
Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:55:15 AM by Gurk

Steven

• Administrator
If you look at the Playing Tracks panel, does it only have the files from your playlist. Thats where MB gets the next track from

Gurk

Hello,

I've been doing some testing just to make sure in which situations this behavior happens, so everyone has more information. I've found the following;

- When doublecliking a Playlist, the playlist panel and the playing track opens with the songs of that playlist.

(I understand that the playlist panel is the one at the middle, here a screenshot)
https://i.imgur.com/fqakdiD.png

- If I press "Next" the next track will be from that playlist.

- After this, if I doubleclick any track at the playlist panel, the playing list will be changed from the playlist's tracks to the album tracks.

- Now, if I press Next, the next song will be from the album of that double clicked track.

Maybe I was hoping that doubleclicking a track at the Playlist panel would maintain the playlist tracks and just change the song I wanted to be played. I found that I can do that if I double click the track at the Playing Tracks panel instead.

- Also, if the playlist has only one song, pressing next will always play another song from that album regardless of what I do.

Given this test I made, maybe I wasn't actually having an unexpected behavior.

Hope this helps.

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing...playing tracks list/"Play Now" action.

Gurk

Hello frankz!

I had clear list and play album only and changed to clear list and play all tracks.

I think that did the trick.

Thank you very much!