Author Topic: MusicBee never releasing Media Play/Pause  (Read 1919 times)

pickx

MusicBee does not release the Play/Pause button as long as the program is running. If another program that responds to this button is active, such as Spotify, only MusicBee would respond to the key press. Even if I explicitly stop MusicBee via the Stop command. The only way to get it to release the key is to quit MusicBee.

While trying to solve this issue I found another bug: even after clearing the assignment of Multimedia: Play/Pause on Preferences -> Hotkeys, MusicBee won't release the binding. After doing this, pressing the Play/Pause button on my keyboard while MusicBee is running doesn't play/pause MusicBee, but other software still doesn't respond to the button press.

Tested on latest stable version and on 3.3.6904

Steven

• Administrator
The relevant file is: MusicBeeBass.dll
and should be dated 18/6/2018

pickx

The relevant file is: MusicBeeBass.dll
and should be dated 18/6/2018

It is indeed the date on my file

Steven

• Administrator

pickx

I changed to the new dll, and it's an improvement. Now other programs will also respond to Play/Pause, which is great. However, MusicBee still doesn't respect other programs. When the key is pressed, though other programs will play/pause, so does MusicBee.

There's apparently some way for Windows to detect who currently "owns" media control, here's a screenshot of what I see when both foobar and Spotify are running: the native Windows controller that appears when pressing a media control key, has an "arrow" button. Clicking it switches from displaying the track of foobar to that of Spotify, and also changes Media Play/Pause to control only that specific program:

At the very least, when music is stopped (not paused) MusicBee should ignore Media Play/Pause.

Really appreciate the quick responses, by the way.

sveakul

actually thats an old file.
This is the one that should have been included in the release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pnh1u0wvz56t1ah/MusicBeeBass.zip/file

Steven:  should all 3.3 users update to the MusicBeeBass.dll file dated 08-30-2018 in this zip?  I notice it has not been added to either the current MusicBee33_patched.zip or the 3.3.6904 incremental updater.

sveakul

actually thats an old file.
This is the one that should have been included in the release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pnh1u0wvz56t1ah/MusicBeeBass.zip/file

Steven:  should all 3.3 users update to the MusicBeeBass.dll file dated 08-30-2018 in this zip?  I notice it has not been added to either the current MusicBee33_patched.zip or the 3.3.6904 incremental updater.

Is this something we don't need to worry about then?  Just curious.

Steven

• Administrator

sveakul

Thanks, just like to be on the latest sheet of music  :)